1

I wasn't sure why. But somehow, the echoey dripping stopped.
   It had been going for hours, or days, or however long I had been here. I didn't know why or how it stopped, but I was glad it had. I might have gone insane if it had repeated any longer, though after what might have been a couple minutes of silence, I almost wanted it back, if only to hear something.
   I sat in the dark silence for a minute longer. Then there was sound.
   A roar split the air, shattering the stillness. I jumped to my feet, unsure of what it was. My breathing quickened. I forced myself to stay calm. I knew I had to be in a cavern somewhere, but now I could almost feel something big that hadn't been there before. Another minute passed. And then, the room exploded.
   Massive feet pounded the ground with the force of an earthquake and shook the earth, knocking me to the floor. Shouts filled the air from every direction. A wave of heat blasted from behind me, scorching the air and burning my back and arm. I cried out in pain and surprise. What was happening? I couldn't see anything. I faintly heard what seemed to be human footsteps behind me. Before I could react, a hand grabbed mine and pulled me to my feet.
   "Move!" a voice shouted, barely audible over the pounding and the shouting. I gladly moved, wincing as I tried to ignore the pain in my back. But at my third step, it overwhelmed me. The last thing I felt was another wave of heat before I collapsed into silence.

Crappy intro chapter as usual but bear with me pls lol