Prologue

Sixteen years ago

The time had finally come for Skylar, the runaway Princess, to come home. She had been gone for so long and so much had happened while she had been away. Her fraternal younger twin sister was married now to the Prince she had been betrothed to. She didn't know whether to be happy or upset for her. That prince was a truly awful man when she had met him.

She didn't have any regrets about leaving the palace. Now after all these years, she hoped maybe things would be different.

There were so many unanswered questions about the runaway princess. The big one being, why did she run away? That one was quite simple. She didn't want to marry someone she just met. Her parents (actually her Dad and Step-Mom) had arranged it. It was with the prince from the country Iceriver.

Iceriver used to be called Greenland (which was odd since it was more icy there than green). It had been taken over by the Iceriver family generations ago. Years later, there was conflict between Iceriver and Wyvernholt. To resolve the conflict, they were going to send Skylar to Iceriver to marry the prince.

This was more of Skylar's stepmothers idea than her dad's. It was no secret that Chrystal wanted Skylar gone. She hated Skylar so much. Kayla, she could get along with but she couldn't stand Skylar.

Skylar did not want to marry the snobby prince of Iceriver, David Kane. She wanted to marry for love, not because she was forced to.

So, Skylar ran away and was never found. She was very good at hiding and pretending to be a simple commoner. The one time she was almost found was when she almost faced death and was about to be murdered. Luckily he was caught and taken to the palace dungeons for almost killing the princess. She was almost caught and taken back to the palace as well but luckily because of him, she had gotten away.

She made her way towards the palace expecting to be greeted by guards but when she got closer she realized they were knocked out. She bent down closer to them and noticed a fluffy white dust. She had seen it many times before and knew exactly what it was. Sleeping powder. When Skylar was younger, she was trained and learned about potions and magic however neither her or her sister had magic. Well...at the time anyways. There had been rumors that her sister Kayla does have magic however that was something Skylar never got.

She knew the one person who had access to sleeping powder. The Queen.

In a recent battle against the royals, she had been dethroned as Queen and out to live life as a commoner. She hadn't been seen for at least a year. Well, that is until now anyway.

The princess looked behind her into the dreary forest, wondering if she should go back. At the same time, she also knew if the exiled queen was here, Kayla must be in trouble.

Without further hesitation, she made her way through the palace gates and inside easily since all of the guards were knocked out. She got close to the great hall where she saw her stepmother, her sister, her sister's husband Asher, and a boy who seemed familiar but she didn't completely recognize him.Maybe the other guy who had been courting her sister?

There was this thing about him that made her get warm fuzzy feelings inside but she wasn't sure why.

Everyone seemed frozen in place beside the ex-queen, Kayla, Asher, and the other mysterious boy.

"What are you going to do to us?" Kayla asks.

"I have a curse," the  exiled queen explained. "A curse that will rip you away from everything you knew."

Kayla had a terrified look on her face.

Now Skylar was curious. What was the queen planning?

"A curse that will take you to a new world..." she said walking back and forth in front of them

"A new world?" Prince Asher asked.

Skylar noticed the boy she didn't know looking in her direction. His eyes widened. Crap, she had been caught. She hoped he wouldn't say anything. Why was he so familiar to her?

Whatever reason, she felt safe and sure that he wouldn't reveal her position with the look he gave her.

This was probably not the best day to return to the palace but she didn't think she'd be able to escape this without getting noticed

At the moment the boy had kept his mouth shut and his gaze returned to the queen.

Skylar continued to listen to what the queen was saying.

"Yes. This world is before our time and has no magic."

"So you're sending us into the past?" Mystery boy asks.

"No, not necessarily. It's not in the past at all."

This wasn't making any sense. What was the queen talking about?

"In this world," she walks closer to Kayla, "you won't remember you knew him or yourselves for that matter."

The queen walks over to Asher. "In this world, all of you will just be characters in a story."

Just at that moment the queen looks over into the hallway and right at Skylar. She had been spotted. Had the queen known she had been there the whole time?

The queen hated Skylar way more than Kayla so whatever she had planned for Kayla would be a billion times as worse for Skylar.

The queen lifts her hand and pulls Skylar forcibly over to her with her magic. Skylar tried to pull away but it was no use. There was nothing she could do. 

Kayla's eyes widened. "Skylar!" She calls.

What a great reunion this was.

The queen looks at Skylar. "Well this changes everything now, doesn't it," she snarls.

The mysterious boy reaches out. "No, stop!"

The queen throws a hand back towards him throwing him against the wall.

Skylar's eyes widened looking at the boy sadly. Was he still alive? Was he okay?  She couldn't help but worry for the strange boy.

She turned her gaze away from him and back towards the queen.

"Now that you're here Skylar, darling, my plans have changed. I was going to rip away Kayla's happy ending but why not ruin this lovely reunion with your sister and ruin your life."

"No!" Kayla says sharply. She was frozen in place so she couldn't do anything.

"You can't do nothing dear."

The queen raises her hand and balls it up summoning this black hole looking portal. Where it  was going was the question.

All of the sudden, Skylar is pushed into the portal. It restarted her life as a child and caused her to lose her memory. The next thing she sees is this bright light blinding her vision in a hospital room as she is literally born again...