Chapter ³

He set fire to the world around him,
but he never let a flame touch her.

-Unknown
☁︎

It feels like all the air within my lungs was stolen. Taken. Drained. Withheld from me. So I couldn't take in another breath.

I also feels like I want to murder someone.

That someone being the very person who just toke away my breath. Who just left me in shambles. Who left my lips pecked.

And who I was going to track down. And shove in a nearby trash can.

☁︎

"But I wanted that croissant!"Whined Jason.

"Well, isn't that the sad truth." Sam spat back, as he playfully licked the last croissant.

"Ew! Mom!" Jason yelled.

Our mother sighed, as she continued to butter a slice of toast, while sitting in her seat comfortably, she said back with a happy tone. "Will you two calm down? I'll buy some more tomorrow."

"But they won't be as good tomorrow! These are fresh! Tomorrow's will be a day old."

"Another sad truth."

"Jason." my mother laughed, "The Santon Bakers always bake fresh produce everyday."

"But it's not the same!"

"Once again another trut-"

"Will you two shut up!?" I yell, slamming my fist on out little breakfast table, causing each plate and glass to tremble.

My mother stops buttering toast, and my two bothersome siblings look towards me, with their blue eyes wide.

I suddenly felt a ping of guilt in my chest

"Well, it's someone's dot of the month, isn't it Raina?" Sam shot back, right before allowing a smirk to cover his lips.

I take it back.

My hands go straight across the table and launch to his shirt, which I use to pull his butt of a face close to my face. "Why you little-"

"Calm down you two." My mother laughs once again, and I slowly let him. "Raina are you alright? You've been rather antsy this morning."

"I have not." I state calmly, glaring as hard as I can at Sam, while taking a sip of my orange juice.

How could I not be? Antsy is nothing compared to how I'm truly feeling right now! How dare he? It's not like it was first kiss, but still, how dare he just do that out of nowhere? And how dare he leave me so confused.

Jason snorts. "Uhh that's totally why you almost ate me and Sam as a snack this morning thrice. I mean, your usual a grump in the morning, but not this ba-"

"Okey, so I had a bad night. Big deal. Can I not have a day where I'm not happy?" I suggest, as I stab my next piece of toast with my fork.