The Gay One

Every family has a "gay one", it's practically guaranteed.

In the Price family, it was Kevin.

Kevin had known he was gay from the second Connor McKinley greeted them at their new mission. Over the two years, he and Connor had grown very close and eventually had admitted their feelings towards one another.

They immediately asked each other out once they both realized that the feeling was mutual. The next thing they knew, everyone was telling them to "please stop making our during movie nights" and to "just get a room". So they did.

Connor and Kevin moved in and had been living together in Salt Lake City ever since they returned from their mission (it also was convenient because Connor was kicked out of the house when he came out to his parents). It was rough for both of them, and Connor was still trying to mend his relationship with his parents.

Kevin's parents, on the other hand, welcomed him with open arms. They were so proud of his influence in Uganda even though he branched off from Mormonism a bit. They were just glad to have their son home.

This was the first year back from their mission for both of them, which meant it was their first Thanksgiving in a while.

When Kevin's parents learned that their son's roommate didn't have a home to go to for Thanksgiving, they insisted that Connor would dine with them.

Kevin was beyond excited to introduce Connor to his family and home, although there was one little problem...

Kevin hadn't come out to them yet.

He had intended on doing so as soon as he got home from his mission but Connor's parents reaction caused him fear and doubt so he decided to put it off.

Connor had been trying for months to get Kevin to come out to his parents and announce their relationship but Kevin was just too scared.

So when Connor received an invitation to the Price Thanksgiving, he accepted it under one condition: This was going to be used as a chance to come out to his family and Connor would do whatever he could to make sure things didn't get out of hand.

Kevin fidgeted uncomfortably as he came to terms with what he knew he had to do.

"Kev?"

"Yes?"

"Everything will be alright, okay? I've heard a lot about your parents and they sound incredible. Besides, I bet they already know! I mean, what average hetero son has an unhealthy obsession with Disney?" Connor said with a laugh.

Kevin let out a small chuckle as he pictured a three year-old him, telling his parents he was in love with Prince Eric.

"Yeah I guess so...thanks Connor."

"Of course." Connor pecked his partner on the cheek and tugged on his tie in an attempt to guide him into their room.

"Now come on Kevin, we only have a few hours to plan our coordinating outfits!"

Kevin groaned but willingly let Connor show him to the closet, where their may outfits were stored.

Eventually, Connor decided on patterned button ups with sweater vests for the two of them and insisted on taking a million photos of them before they left because they were "just too adorable".