People and people, why people?

It was already 3PM when we got to the fake beach. I havn't specified this before, but... That's one of things future humans did. Creating fake beaches and fake mountain slopes and much more: After all, currently people were stuck under the domes, there was no means of travelling anywhere, but as "lux" oriented as the current society is, something like that wasn't very surprising. They needed everything, even if stuck inside of a pretty small area.

"Hey, Jasmin... Who are those people you invited?" I asked my friend.
"Oh, those are Ignacio's friends. He reaaaally likes you!" she smiled at me and started running forward excitedly. "Come on!" she turned towards me and then continued to run.
"I'd prefer to be sightseeing..." I mumbled and continued to walk slowly. The beach wasn't what I expected. The palm trees were replaced with cherry trees that were currently in full blossom. It felt a little bit nostalgic - I went to Japan when I was 5. Whole area was very far east styled for some reason that I didn't quite get. Still, it was beautiful. The pathway was fenced off by a short and rainbow coloured fence. As I walked, I realised that it was actually simply reflecting the sun rays. I felt that the heat was slowly increasing and I felt no wind. When I finally got to the sand, Jasmine was already excitedely chatting with a group of 4 people. Ignacio was among them. He was the first one to notice me and waved towards me.
"Hey! Ellie! Finally!" he shouted smiling. I sighed. I seriously didn't like him so far, he seemed like a moron, despite... Not really knowing him at all. I just walked towards the group, already regretting the choice to leave my room.
"H-hey... I'm Ellie..." I said awkwardly. All my excitement for beach was completely gone. I stood infront of a bunch of strangers and I felt my heart pound wildly in nervousness. I hated meeting new people
"Hey! I'm Amberly!" said a dark skinned girl with short hair. She had the dreadful spiky bra swimsuit on. "I just, I met TWO unfrozen!" she said excited.
"I'm Marcus" said a blond haired guy. "Don't mind her schreeching. She's always dreamy like that, don't mind her"
"Dreamy...? Do you mean weird?" I said shyly.
"Ah, yeah the language differences, eh?" he replied smiling warmly. "Sorries, you'll have to learn to live with that!" he laughed and so did I, awkwardly.
"Drussila." the last girl with a bowl cut held out her hand towards me, so I shaked it, but she looked weirdly at me.
"You were only supposed to hold your hand out... No touching!" Jasmin whispered to me.
"Ah, yeah... Sorrry... ies?" I replied feeling like I'm going to sink below the sand.
"Did you miss that lesson in Shift Centre?" she reprimended me. I couldn't recall one like that.
"I was probably asleep..." all four of my new "friends" laughed at what I said. I however felt like crying.
"Ok, girls!" shouted Ignacio towards me and Jasmin "Change into your suits and we will go swimming!"

The water was perfect. Not too cold, not too hot... It felt like a nice bath. We stood in the knee high water and just played frisbee, it felt pretty much like what might've had happened in my times... If I had friends. Maybe the second chance really was a blessing. We just played and talked about how different things are and how they used to be.
"You had to pay for internet? Computers were big? Phones? What are phones? You had emails? Really? I can't imagine leaving the city!!" meaningless things like that. I got pretty bored quickly and Ignacio constantly trying to hit on me, made me uncomfortable, but I was too shy to make him stop, so I just had to endure.
"How could you eat stuff that isn't sweet?" Ignacio asked me while winking "I mean, Ellie... A girl like you is too sweety for that..." He flirted obnoxiously. I sighed and ignored the second part.
"Amount of sweets you people eat... It's making me sick" I said and passed the frisbee to Jasmin. "I think I'm out for now, I'll get something to eat... Even if it's too sweet." I laughed and ran off as quick as possible and headed to our bags. We just left them lying alone. Apparently, the word thief didn't even exist in thier language anymore.
"Why'd someone take what isn't their?" Drussila was confused "You can pay for it...". A society without theft. What about other crimes like murders, rapes? Burglaries? Was this... one of the reasons why they didn't anticipate... Why they didn't anticipate what happened on the first day when we left the Shift Centre.

I found myself checking my bag looking for my wallet, when someone patted me on my back. I turned around and noticed Marcus.
"Hey, didn't you want some food?" he asked me. I nodded in reply. "So what are you doing?"
"Looking for my wallet..." I said just before realising my hand was now my wallet. I just had to scan my handprint.
"Wallet? You carried money in it, didn't you?" Marcus asked "Old habits, yeah?" he said to me and I nodded again.
"I... Should just use my hand right?" that sounded wrong and Marcus noticed that. He snorted and I felt so awkward I wanted to run away.
"You are so awk, guest." he said. I assumed guest replaced dude over time.
"Is awk short for awkward?" I asked him while standing up. He shooked his head.
"There is longer version of awk?" he replied surprised. "Well, doesn't matter. Let's just get something to eat. Hope sweets will be ok!" I nodded again.

We walked towards one of the stands on the beach. We were completely silent, I really did not know what to say.
"So... You literally have 0 idea about TV shows of our time?" Marcus said and I just nodded again. I turned my head towards him and noticed that he looked frustrated. I wasn't surprised. I was mostly silent and we really did not have anything to talk about. He bought two "swearps" for us and gave me one. I recognised the bun that exploded on me back at Shift Centre. I could talk about this story, that was funny, wasn't it? I didn't talk about it. I just sat at one of the tables with Marcus and ate the bun. It was even sweeter than last time and I seriously felt like I'd puke if I continued eating it, but Marcus noticed that.
"So... Everything is really too sweet for you?" he laughed. "I know a very expensive place that serves old food. We could go there someday, if you want, Ellie." and I nodded. He looked at me disappointed and I realised he asked me out on a date.
"Ah! Sorry!" I said nervously. "It's just that... I'm... awk?" I mumbled out.
"I think you are brave." Marcus told me "I can't imagine living 100 years in the future... Wait a second, I'll get a drink, a really bitter one!". He came back with two cups of dark brown, cloudy liquid, that was something I recognised easily.
"Dark chocolate!" I exclaimed happily and glad to be drinking something bitter. " I haven't had chocolate... In 100 years" I said smiling. Marcus snickered too, but the silence still prevailed after all.
"I can see you are bored. I'll mess others and walk you home, is it ok?" He asked. I agreed and we stood up. I got ready and after a very uneventful day at the beach, I finally was walking home.