007

youngjae and jaebum sat across from each other at the table of that cute little cafe jaebum lived next to. youngjae's small hands were secured around his hot cup to guarentee him immediate warmth. jaebum did the same, though not really needing it, he wasn't really that cold. this baffled youngjae, who pretty much was frosty the snowman in human form (oops that's me). the two just sat there, not knowing what to say to each other. the only sound that came from their booth was the occasional cough or creak from an awkward shift from either one of the two. it's not that they weren't enjoying each other's company, because they really were, they just didn't know how to address that exact feeling. youngjae mentally cursed himself for not being able to thank the older for the previous day, but he just didn't know how to say it. jaebum slammed his fist on the table, scaring his small otter-like friend half to death. youngjae looked at him with terrified eyes and muttered a rather small "are you okay" before being engulfed in one of the warmest hugs he's ever experienced. the brunette's cheeks flushed a dark shade of red, as the older boy just rambled on about how he looked cold and how he wanted to warm him up, etcetera. the younger relaxed in jaebum's arms, making the ravenette internally let out a sigh of relief. at this point, they were both on the same side of the table, sitting next to each other in the booth. youngjae smiled contently. something about the older's arms around him made him feel protected. he felt like when he was with him that he was safe. he liked this feeling a lot. not many people could make him feel safe like that, unless they were thing 1 or thing 2, being bambam or yugyeom. exactly in that order, the thai boy whined like a little kid on how he deserved to be thing 1 because he always has to be first because he knew youngjae first, or something like that. honestly, the brunette wasn't really listening. he just granted kunpimook his wish to shut him up. much like, in the current moment, to silence jaebum's mumblings, he held a small finger up to the olders lips. "jaebum it's ok i'm comfortable there's no need to justify yourself." the older nodded, flustered. youngjae just smiled and closed his eyes, snuggling into jaebum more. the younger almost fell asleep enveloped in so much warmth, until his phone vibrated, shaking the table and creating a loud, annoying noise. he groggily answered the phone with a small "hello." on the other line he heard his mom sigh in relief. "YOUNGJAE WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL DAY YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO COME HOME THIS MORNING" the younger let out an exasperated sigh, still upset that he didn't get to fall asleep. "i'm at a cafe with jaebum." "okay, when will you be home? your father and I are going overseas this afternoon for a business trip." "I can head home now I guess." "okay sounds good, see you soon. love you" youngjae groaned, finally getting up from jaebum's embrace. "love you too mom." youngjae ended the call with another sigh. jaebum was also upset, but he didn't say anything except "i'll take you home." 

the car ride was quiet. neither boy really said anything, and the radio was a silent static, like whitenoise. eventually, they pulled up to youngjae's driveway. the younger unbuckled his seatbelt, bid his goodbyes to jaebum, and headed to his front door, where his parents were ready to bombard him with questions. he trudged up to his room and collapsed onto his bed, cuddling his dog coco to death. he lay on his bed, thoughts filled with a cerrtain ravenette. he was snapped out of these thoughts with a knock on his bedroom door. his mom lightly opened it and announced that her and mr. choi were leaving. youngjae bid his parents goodbye and headed straight to his phone, sending a text to jaebum before heading out the door.

long chapter ayee. and uh I noticed that this story almost has 1k views? y'all are the best. sorry for not updating, I'll try to get better I promise. Ily all

-- jaz