The unseen monster

It was ten o'clock, late at night, when my group of friends dragged me out to go explore The House. There were seven of us, four boys and three girls. I wish I had stopped us from going so that things would be different now. It changed my life forever.

At first we were fine until we heard a terrible scream.
The first one that we found dead was Mark, the youngest boy. We don't know what happened, but his wounds suggested something with claws. The second one to die was Catherine. She was grabbed by something that could fly and was thrown down the stairs, she was dead when we reached her.

Two boys were killed. They were impaled by a long pole. Then Amy and James were killed. I only found Amy's body, not James'. I was glad that I didn't find his body.

There was something here, I'll never know what. It seemed that it could fly, had immense strength, and ate flesh. I hoped never to see it, I prayed for a saviour. I remember running and trying to hide but it was always there, breathing down my neck, making my hairs stand on end, giving me goosebumps.

I remember looking out the barred window , and seeing the full moon shining oh so brightly. Running from the unseen monster, tears streaming down my face and silent sobs wracking my body. Terrified. That is what I was.
Would this nightmare never end?

I don't remember how I managed to squeeze through the bars of an old attic window, nor do I know how I managed to get off of the double story house and drag myself to the police station.

All I know is that when the police went back, there were no bodies, no monsters and no house. They burnt down the house, who? I don't know, but it wasn't the police. Sometimes I think it was my friends who did it to get rid of the monster, other times I think the monster escaped and still lurks in the shadows waiting.
They call me lucky, I don't believe them.

My door creaks.

Oh! My luck's just run out.