We're All Part Of The Same Sick Little Games

"He's a what?!" Ashley exclaimed. I had just told her and Dylan what Alex is.

"What's his name?" Asked Dylan.

"Alex Gaskarth." I replied.

"Fucking fucking fuck fuck, didn't we go here because we thought there weren't any vampires here?" Ashley asked, right before the door rang which caused us to jump. Ashley and Dylan grabbed butcher knifes and stood behind the island in the kitchen. I took a deep breath and put my hand on the door handle. I only cracked it a bit and peeked out. Two men stood there, one was Rian and the other had black hair with a blond streak in it. Seeing that Alex was not with them, I opened the door.

"Hello!" Said the man with black hair.

"H-hi." I replied, gripping the door.

"This is Jack." Said Rian. Jack gave a small wave. I smiled a bit and returned the action.

"We came here to apologize on behalf of Alex." Jack said.

"Sorry, who are you?" I asked.

"We live in the house with Alex. It's Me, Him, Alex, and another guy named Zack." Rian answered.

"Okay well, he clearly doesn't want forgiveness since he isn't here. And I think it's foolish for me to forgive someone who doesn't want it." I informed. They nodded as if they had been scolded by there mother.

"Good night." I said curtly before I closed the door. I turned around and leaned against it with my eyes closed, taking deep breaths.

"Holy fuck!" Ashley exclaimed. "No wonder vampires are scared of you!" 

"You're forgetting that I've only killed two of them, Ash." I laughed.

"Yeah but you handled those two, I'm sure Alex'll be a breeze. Just a stake to the heart and then he's out of your life!" She explained happily, as if it was that easy. But she's never killed one before, she doesn't understand the strength of a vampire, the feeling they give you, the almost uncontrollable urge to give in and let them win. I gulped and after bidding them goodnight, went upstairs to bed. If I was going to kill a vampire in full health, I was going to need all the rest I can get. Laying in bed, I thought about my father. He was killed by a vampire two years ago, along with him, our entire organization fell apart. I'll explain, my father was the leader of a secret organization focused on killing vampires. Whilst everyone else had been killing for at least ten years, I only joined three years ago so I'm still pretty new at the vampire killing thing. But then one night a vampire tailed one of us while retreating back to HQ. That was the night I killed my first vampire. It was also the night I watched my father, along with almost our entire organization, killed right in front of me. Now this was a lot for an eighteen year old to see, I grew close to my mother and brother and I've vowed to protect them from anything and everything. Even him. I shuddered, suddenly growing very cold. The skin near my scar tingled and I pulled my blanket around me, desperately hoping that he woudn't be in my dreams that night.

I woke up to the harsh sounding buzz of my alarm clock. Against my will, I was up before the sun. I had traded my glasses for contacts, gotten dressed, and eaten breakfast when I went back upstairs to stock my book bag with two stakes and water bottle of vervain water. Once I had my vampire death trap of a book bag all set up, I skipped down the stairs, skipping the last two, and hurried out of the house. After stopping by the vending machine to grab a life water, because I'm healthy as fuck, I walked to Biology. The class was pretty interesting, though some of it was a bit dry, but it was nothing compared to math. I absolutely hated math. I could do it if I understood, but that was the problem, I rarely understand it. Thus it gets the 'Least Favorite Fucking Class Ever' award. I walked into class and rolled my eyes at the giant 'Welcome' written on the bored. I was just bound and fucking determined to hate this class and apparently it hated me to because when I cast my gaze over all the seats in the room, I saw Alex smirking at me. And surprise, surprise, the only empty seat left was the one right next to him. Life is a bitch. I huffed as I swung my bag onto the bag of the chair and slid into the seat.

"Hey." He said, cockiness evident in his voice. I didn't respond. I just drew my long hair over my right shoulder to hide my face from him. The lesson was agonizingly slow. I could feel Alex staring at me and every once in a while, I could feel him nudge my leg with his foot. I looked at the clock every ten seconds, since I didn't have a clue what was going on. As soon as the bell rang, I bolted out of the room. Alex came running up behind me.

"Can we talk?" He asked, but we both knew I didn't really have a choice.

"No. I don't like you" I protested, but he pulled me off to an empty room.

"Come on, I know you love my voice" He said, moving his hands to my waist.

"No I don't." I said, grabbing his hands and throwing them off of me. He looked confused for a moment but then he seemed to reach a conclusion.

"You know what I am." He said, going from cocky to serious.

"A creepy possessive jock who won't take no for an answer?" I lied, I knew he was talking about the vampirism.

"Now look who's lying.." He added with a playful wink, "You know about us, you have vervain." He scanned my wrists and eventually found my necklace. He reached out cautiously and as soon as his skin made contact with the heart, there was a sharp hiss and he jumped away from me, shaking his hand.

"Fuck." He whispered, I watched the skin on his fingers fade from red to his normal skin color.

Now's my chance.

I plucked up my courage and while he was distracted, quickly reached around and pulled the water bottle out of my pack. I unscrewed the top and poured it on him.

"FUCK!" He screamed as the vervain hissed and caused his skin to turn red and blister slightly, the water turned into steam and raised off of him. I pulled a stake out at went for his heart. He grabbed the end hurling towards him and turned it to face me. I pushed against it but it was bending my wrists the wrong way. He backed us up against a wall so that I had nowhere to run.

"That was a very terrible mistake." He growled, his eyes flashed with anger. His wounds had already healed.

"I don't know, I think I've made worse ones." I answered weakly. I couldn't help it. Every fiber of my being was screaming at me to give in, to stop pushing. And when he looked into my eyes, it just made the urges even harder to resist. I just wanted to let go and drown in the swirling sea of chocolate a caramel. He let out a small laugh before he stopped pressing to stake towards me.

"I have to say, having you around has been interesting." He said thoughtfully.

"You've only known me for two days." I retorted, regaining my self control and crossing my arms.

"Alright, then I know having you around will be interesting." He said as his eyes flicked up and down my body.

"What? Me trying to kill you?" I replied tartly.

"Now that's very ambitious, too bad you'll fall in love with me and abandon the endeavor." He replied with an arrogant smirk.

"Humph, not if you fall for me first, then I'll send my stake through your heart and break it in every sense of the word" I responded.

"So whoever falls first loses?" He asked with a devilish grin.

"Yup." I said, popping the 'p'.

"Alright then…Game on"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Title cred: Sick Little Games - All Time Low