5. a guy can dream

Seb sipped on his chocolate, sitting back in his seat. His bangs came in handy, because he could glance around the room without anyone seeing it. He mostly looked at Kaiden, following the guy's suggestive movements around the room. Everything about the guy was alluring to Seb; Kaiden's dark blond hair that looked smooth as silk, his full lips that Seb didn't really allow himself to look at, his perfect body... those long legs. Everything was perfect in Seb's eyes.

He wondered briefly why not everyone was staring at Kaiden. He looked around the room again, but no, no one, except him, stared at Kaiden with drool hanging at the side of their mouths.

Kaiden looked in his direction, winked, and continued to serve coffee. Clearly, Kaiden knew perfectly well that Seb was watching him.

He continued to take small sips, so that he didn't have  reason to leave just yet, but that resulted in a cold rather than hot chocolate. Not that he minded it. He wished that Kaiden would come over again, but at the same time it was pretty exhilarating to see the guy go about his business, knowing that they would eventually talk.

Considering how things had turned out so far, Seb was pretty glad that he hadn't brought Dylan. Now he was free to just sit and stare at Kaiden without having to keep a conversation going. However, as the minutes rolled by, he got more and more restless and more and more certain that people were watching him and his strange behavior. He needed something to do, something that would allow him to stay here and stare at Kaiden.

The solution was simple. He grabbed his bag, opened it and pulled out his homework for history. He would tell his mother to shove it up her ass if she complained that he had done it without her supervision. Of course, he would never dare to say something like that to her face, but a guy could dream.

He longed for the day he would be able to leave home.

Moving the cup of chocolate away to a safe distance from the books, he opened them and started to read. The homework was to answer a couple of questions, and they seemed simple enough. He read the first one and started to note down the answer.

"Homework?" Kaiden asked, startling Seb so that he almost jumped in his seat. Kaiden snickered and Seb's face split up in a shy smile.

"Yeah," he replied, groaning mentally that he couldn't give Kaiden any sort of intelligent answer to questions coming his way.

"What subject?"

"History...yey," he mocked, then looked up at Kaiden uncertainly. What if Kaiden liked history, then he had just made a fool out of himself. Kaiden chuckled, and Seb breathed out in relief.

"I hate history, or at least I hate our teacher."

"Who's yours?"

"Teacher? Mr. Schneider, he's so dry that I'd like to soak him in water one of these days," Kaiden answered.

Seb chuckled, mostly because he pictured a soaked Mr. Schneider in his mind. Kaiden was right, the man was dry.

"Do you know him?" Kaiden asked.

"Yeah, I have him too. You're right, he's really dry! I can't believe he actually expects us to laugh at his jokes," Seb replied. He saw how Kaiden's eyes widened in surprise.

"So you're not shy all the time, good!" Kaiden said, smiling from here to there; causing Seb's stomach to flutter. It was a nice flutter this time, with much less anxiety than before. "OK, gotta go again, boss coming my way," Kaiden said after looking over his shoulder.

Seb sat in the café for half an hour more before deciding that he'd outstayed his welcome. His cup was empty and someone was shooting him irritated stares from the counter. Obviously you weren't allowed to sit there all day without buying more to eat or drink. Besides, he was getting hungry.

He packed his bag and rose to go to the counter. Kaiden stood behind it, waving him over with a smirk plastered on his face. Seb's stomach lurched again, but he quickly composed himself and strode towards the cutest guy in the world. He almost bounced forward before he reminded himself not to make such a spectacle of himself.

"You going?" Kaiden asked as he arrived.

"Yeah, dinner's waiting at home," he replied sullenly. He didn't really want to go, but he knew his mother would be livid if he didn't come home when he was supposed to.

"I'm glad you came."

Seb blushed, and distracted himself with grabbing some cash out of his wallet.

"No, it's on the house," Kaiden said, waving off Seb's attempts to pay.

"No, that's not fair!"

"Of course it is, you've made my day helluva lot nicer here today. So, I'll call you later," Kaiden said, and Seb wanted to dance around the room and vanish through the floor at the same time.

"uhh, sure," he faltered, before turning his back on Kaiden. He looked over his shoulder on the way out, and met Kaiden's eyes once more. Kaiden flashed a smile, but Seb was far too confused about all the emotions running around in his body to return it.

As Seb got home, he got scolded for not telling his parents where he were. He guessed he could have called to tell them, but for some reason he wanted to keep Kaiden a secret. In fact, he lied. He told them that he had been with Tyra and Dylan, and to his relief his mother didn't question him. At least not until she saw that he'd already done his homework.

"You never study with your friends, why today?" she asked, her face contorted in a suspicious frown.

Seb lost his flow for a moment, and that was enough to deepen the frown in his mother's face.

"So, you weren't with Dylan and Tyra, who did you meet?"

"No, I was with them, I just didn't know if Dylan wanted me to tell you why we did the homework," he said, trying to build some sort of lie to smooth things out.

"You're lying, you should know better than to lie to your mother!" she muttered.

"I'm not lying," he continued, trying to believe his own lie, because that's what he had heard from others. You had to believe your lie when you told it.

"Fine, off you go you little brat!" she finished and flipped him off. He went upstairs and rushed into his room. Slumping down with his back against the door, he pulled out his phone.

Thanks for the hot chocolate

He wrote, and sent the message to Kaiden. He didn't know what brought out such bravery; perhaps the irritation he felt after talking to his mother. He just knew he wanted to text Kaiden, hoping that he would get a reply that would put a smile on his face again.

His phone buzzed almost instantly, and a wave of something very nice flushed through his system.

Any time, cutie ;) I'll call you later when I'm home from work. xx

Seb's insides seemed to melt, and he didn't know what to do with himself. He threw himself off of the floor and onto the bed, jumping around like crazy, silently screaming out how excited he was.