rain check *:・゚✧ grayson

song - summer is like a dream by khai dreams | put on repeat

we lay on the grass in his backyard. our eyes gaze at the clouds before eyes in different shapes and sizes.

a nice, cool breeze skims by us ever so smoothly.

i then felt his hand on mine, intertwining them together.

i smile to myself as a warmness heats up my cheeks.

"i love you." grayson mutters, thinking i wouldn't hear him.

i felt my heart stop and then instantly beat once again. we only started dating three months ago and we haven't said those three words yet.

yes, i do love grayson. it just took me awhile to finally realize it.

"i love you too."

the two of us both sit up. he looks at me happily, smiling his beautiful smile that i've fallen in love with.

"really? are you-"

"yes, grayson. i'm sure." i grin back at him.

grayson brings our hands close to his face. "i just want you to know that i really do."

he kissed my hand as they pull away.

he lays back down again with open arms, wanting me to cuddle with him.

i plop down next to him, my head on his chest as he fiddled with my hair.

tiny droplets of water lands on us one by one. we didn't fully realize what was going on until our clothes were soaking wet.

we scurried to his porch, which was covered. we sat on the chairs, our outfits heavy and cold.

grayson goes inside to get us towels, as well as two of his hoodies for us to wear.

i slip off my shirt, exposing me in only my bra. grayson's eyes stare for a moment as he blushes.

i slipped on the black hoodie as grayson put on the other one.

i rest my head on his shoulder as the dark clouds circle overhead.

he lifts up my chin with his index finger.

i stare into his eyes, so deep i could just dive into them and drown.

before i knew it, his lips were pressed against mine. i smiled into the kiss as his hand moves from my chin to my cheek.

the rain plummets onto the earth as we held each other.

some rainy days are like sad days, but it wasn't in this case.