CHAPTER TWO

Chapter 2

I boarded a bike going to the school. The name is Royal College. Getting to the front, I could help but marvel at what a big school it is. It was two stories high. I entered into the compound and looked around. Everything was neat, I'm getting to like this school. I saw an elderly man by the gate. I guess this was the gateman, maybe I can ask him for directions.

"Good morning sir", I greeted.

" ekaro, omo mi", he replied in Yoruba.

"Please, sir. I'm a new student and I'm looking for the secretary office"

"Okay, enter the first building, go straight then go left, you see the office"

"Thank you, sir"

I went on my way and saw different students in their uniforms. Some greeting their friends and discussing.

I soon found the office, it was open and I saw a woman of about 40 sitting on a chair behind the desk.

"Good morning, ma"

"Good morning. What do you want?",she replied.

"I'm a new student. Elizabeth Peters. Ss3 science. I've already paid my school fees and I was told to come see you"

"Oh, yeah. Mr Henry was the one who paid, right?"

"Yes ma"

"Okay, take a seat while I look for your file", she said already looking for it.

"Okay, this is it", I saw her removed a piece of paper from the file. "This is your timetable. It contains the subjects you have from Monday to Friday and the time".

"Excuse me, ma", we heard a voice from the entrance to the office.

"Come in, Segun", the secretary replied.

Then she turned to me. "I have introduced myself, you can call me Mrs Wale. If you have any question, put it in the opinion box. You can go now".

"Thank you, ma"

I went out of the office.
Oh no, I forgot to ask her for directions and by what is written on the paper she gave me, I'm supposed to be in SS3A science.

Oh well, maybe I'll just ask someone.