Chapter 22: Downtown

~Kaitlynn’s Point of View~

Today was the first day of the job Liam arranged for me and I can’t say that I was anything less than terrified to fuck something up. I was supposed to meet with Lou Teasdale today to get my instruction on what to do, where to be, who to help, and stuff like that, so it basically meant meeting a stranger and you all know how good I am at that…  

I decided to just wear my black skinny jeans, a plain black hoodie, and just braided my hair simply behind my neck. When I was finished with my preparations, I left the bathroom and went to the living room to wait for Niall so we can leave. I swear that lad can take hours getting ready when he is tired… meanwhile, I was stressing my arse out as I kept thinking about what would happen if Lou won’t think too fondly of me.

“Ready to leave?” Niall asked behind me. I wasn’t expecting him to be there and he scared me, so I jumped a bit and gave out a small, pathetic shriek. “Whoa! You alright there? Why are you so jumpy?” he laughed and fixed the snapback on his head.

“I uh… excited for today.” I mumbled quietly.

“You’ll do grand. Now c’mon. Lou’s waiting, you know.” He winked and led me out the door.

***

We arrived to this big office building, but Niall said it was their recording studio and that they were recording a song called “Little Things”. Honestly, I don’t really know what it is and I’ve never listened to it, so I don’t know how to judge it or what they’re going to do. I guess I’ll just have to watch it later.

“Hey Harry, have you seen Lou?” Niall asked him once we got into the recording room that was designed with a bunch of instruments (including a beautiful and very tempting piano) and looked like a living room in a way. All the lads were sitting around the sofas and played on their mobiles.

“I’m right here, mate!” Louis exclaimed and waved his hands in front of Niall’s face. We all laughed and Niall shook his head. “She’s in the dressing room. I think she’s waiting for you, Katy.” Louis said with a smile and motioned his hand to some hallway outside the recording room. I walked in that direction until I saw a fairly large room with its door semi open. I knocked shyly and stepped inside slowly and quietly. A woman with bleached blonde-bluish hair smiled widely at me and ran to give me a hug, still holding a bunch of brushes and combs.

“Hello, love! My name’s Lou.” She introduced herself with a handshake.

“I-I’m K-Kaitlynn.” I stuttered nervously.

“Well, Kaitlynn, it’s very nice to meet you! I hope you’re goin’ to like your job, even though assisting for the boys can be quite… challenging.” She laughed with a wink and led me by my shoulder to another room to show me around.

She showed me around the studios and explained the purpose of each room and what I am supposed to look for in it. Basically, I had a simple job: to do what I’m told by anyone else around me. Whether it was Lou, one of the lads, a manager, a bodyguard, or Simon, I had to do exactly what I was told and I was paid a nice amount of £40 per day of work. I mean, they are completely minted, so they can allow themselves to pay me that much. Still, do I honestly deserve this much? Probably not…