Chapter 8

I woke up groggily. It was late in the morning I was sure. I stretched and stared up at the ceiling recalling last night's incredible events.

There was no doubt about it. I was insane. Insane to ever having considered that I could actually do this. Recalling that I had actually toted a weapon last night. I felt under my pillow and sure enough there it was. I gripped its smooth cool surface and tugged it out.

It was a beaut. A cold heartless life taking weapon. But it had given me the added comfort. Josh had literally had to cart me up to my shared appartment and deposited me on my bed. I had turned clingy and whimpy then certain the mob would be after me out to slug me one dead center on my forehead....even as I laid asleep. So to pacify me and to get me to release the choke hold I had on him, Josh loaned me his spare weapon for protection during the remainder of the night.

I opened the bedside drawer and carefully placed the weapon within. Then I gingerly got up and taking note that I was still in the ridiculous outfit, I stripped out of it even as I made my way to the bathroom.

"Oh, sorry I should have knocked. Do you mind if I use the toilet while you shave?" I asked Cody having bumped into him in the shared toilet. He merely shrugged his shoulders and I went to the adjoining area to make use of the toilet facilities. Having lived with Cody this long there really wasn't much we hadn't seen of each other.

"Where are you off to?" I asked even as I pressed down the flush lever.

"We are off to the gym. To start your training remember?"

I groaned out loud at that. "Don't remind me. But I haven't been confirmed yet. I doubt I would be after last nights fiasco," I muttered dispiritedly as I came to join him at the vanity. I watched him shave for a bit then set about squirting my toothpaste onto my brush to start cleaning my teeth.

"Actually, Josh called," Cody later said making me almost choke on my gargle. "You're in."

I choked then.

"I'm alright," I gasped out as Cody thumped my back. "You will have to train though and that is why I thought it best that you followed me to the gym today."

I smiled gratefully at Cody knowing he was right. The gym was inevitable. Especially, if this was to be my chosen career.

"I'll just grab some breakfast and then we can get going," I agreed somewhat miserably.