Chapter Three

I woke up the next morning alone in bed. I pulled on Sarah's robe that was on the back of the door and went down to the kitchen. My phone clattered to the floor when I saw both Michael and Kip wearing nothing but shorts. It was like I was backstage of a male modelling show. Kip picked up my phone and handed it to me.

"Morning, beautiful."

He lightly kissed me and I melted. I went over and joined Sarah at the table.

"I think I am dreaming."

"Hmmm? Oh yeah, tell me about it? You should see what its like when all the guys stay over."

Michael looked over at Sarah and raised his eyebrow.

"You are still the only one I look at though Michael."

Michael shook his head and turned to Kip.

"You ready?"

Kip nodded and they headed out the door and took off on a run. Sarah and I clambered to the door and pressed our noses up against the glass like kids at a candy store.

"How the hell did we get so lucky?"

"It was all thanks to you and your stalker."

"Oh yeah, go me."

Sarah's broken down car that led to Michael was tampered with by a guy who was stalking her, they found out a while after Sarah started dating Michael.

Once the guys were out of view Sarah walked back into the kitchen.

"So how did last night go?"

"Nothing happened, Kip doesn't want to touch me until my bruises go."

"But your head isn't that bad?"

I pulled up my nightie and showed her the bruise on my hip. Her hands flew to her face.

"Oh my god Maree!"

Sarah started to tear up.

"Please don't cry. It's old news, I have a fantastic new man that is out there running round without his shirt off."

Sarah hugged me and we looked up to see our boys run back into view. They stopped and started doing push ups. Sarah gasped and my body started to heat up. Just as I was about to burst out the door and take Kip in the middle of the lawn the front door burst open and three children came running in the kitchen.

"Aunty Carmen took us to the movies. Hello Maree."

Grace, Sarah's eldest gave me a big hug and she kissed me on the cheek. Adam stood beside his sister and tilted his head.

"What happened to your face?"

I looked at Sarah and she looked like she was going to faint.

"I fell over when I went for a run the other day."

Adam smiled and ran off with his sister and Sarah let out a breath of relief.

"Shit that was awkward. Sorry I didn't even think they would ask."

"Nah, it's all good."

Sarah's mum walked into the kitchen and sighed.

"Those kids have so much energy. Oh hi Maree, how are you feeling?"

"Good thank you mrs Eden."

"Oh that's good, Kip is a lovely boy he will look after you well. Sarah rang me last night and told me what happened."