Chapter 86

***

Zayn's POV

"Babe," I whisper as I shake her shoulder a bit.

The boys have been staying over her house for about a week and tonight-well today technically-is her birthday.

"Babe," I poke her cheek-something I caught on from her.

"What?" She asks with her eyes still closed.

"What time is it?" I hear her groan and sit up.

"You woke me up," her eyes open. "Just to ask what time it was?" I don't think she wanted an answer. She reaches for her phone and the light illuminates her face, causing her to wince.

"Stupid brightness," she mumbles and I can't help but laugh at how cranky she is right now.

"It's twelve in the morning Zayn," she states.

"The date?" She groans and reads her phone.

"The twelve of June," She sighs and puts her phone, snuggling back into the sheets.

"Happy birthday babe!" I practically shout at her and she covers her ears.

"Thank you Zayn now," she hugs my stomach. "Can we go back to sleep now?" I laugh and wrap my arm around her waist.

"Sure babe." I close my eyes and fall asleep.

***

Harry's POV

"Did you get the bacon?" I ask Liam who has a bag full of groceries.

It was Claire's birthday and I wanted to make food for her. And I mean a lot of food. Zayn texted me a couple says ago telling me about her birthday, and of course I remembered. So here we are, trying to make Claire's birthday a special one.

"Yeah, I brought everything you texted me Harry," Liam says. I smile and immediately start cooking the bacon, making sure the sent fills the house.

Hearing the refrigerator for open, I snap my head.

"Niall don't you dare," I warn him. He sighs and closes the door.

"Sorry I'm just really hungry," his stomach growls and I sigh.

"There's blueberry muffins on the table." He strides to the table and quickly scarfs down a muffin in seconds. "Don't eat too much."

"God your cooking is amazing," he says. I smile as I finish cooking the bacon, placing it on a tray.

I finished cooking banana pancakes, blueberry muffins, an omelet, and lastly bacon. I already made the cake, which is cooling off in the fridge right now. I'm so happy that her fridge is big enough for it.

"Niall I need you to make a plate for Claire, and make it look presentable." I order him and he nods, quickly finishing the last of his muffin.

"On it," he says and quickly gets to work.

"Liam and Louis," I call them over. They stand by my side and wait. "I need you guys to do the dishes."

They both groan in response but head over to the sink anyway.

"Well you guys didn't want to help me cook so you got dish duty." I sassily tell them. Niall smirks and takes a bite out of another muffin and places the made plate for Claire on the table.

"Good?" He asks me. I glance down at the plate and smile.

"Good." I head to the refrigerator and grab the orange juice and place it on the table. Louis and Liam finish with the dishes while I clean the counter up, and we're done.

"We make a good team guys," I say proudly and pull them in for a hug.

"Claire is going to love this," Liam smiles.

"Now time to wait for her," we head to the living room and wait.

Zayn's POV

I can't help but stare at her. The way her light snores fall from her lips, long lashes more exposed, and how her hair fans put on the opposite side of me.

I almost don't want to wake her up.

"Baby wake up," I whisper. She mumbles something and grips onto me tighter.

"Please?" Her eyes flutter open, locking with mine.

"Hey," she gives me a sleepy-but yet warm-smile and kisses my cheek.

"Go get ready for today," I tell her and she nods, slowly getting out of bed and into the bathroom.

My shirt looks great on her, the way the hem reaches the upper part of her thigh, and the sleeves to the middle of her upper arm. Claire wanted to wear my shirt last night, and of course I couldn't say no. And I know she loves my shirts, the way she's wrapped up in them says it all.

"I love you," I say before she shuts the door.

"I love you too Zayn."

After a couple of minutes, she comes out and heads to her dresser. Her frame is blocking my view as I try to see what underwear she's going to wear today.

"Do you have any lace?" That question makes her stop her movements. The mirror connected to her drawers shows her now blushed face.

"Um-I," she takes a breath. "Yeah."

"Really?" I raise my eyebrow at her.

She nods shyly and says, "My mom bought it for me last year for my birthday. But I never wore it."

"Why don't you, you'd look sexy in it."

"No I wouldn't." She shakes her head and closes her drawer.

"You never know unless you wear it." I say. Claire sighs and heads into the bathroom again.

"You'll never get me to wear it." She closes the door before I can answer.

We'll see about that.