Chapter 10

I made it very clear to Cyrus that I didn't want to talk about what happened that weekend. Buffy and Andi were mortified when they found out Cyrus had been making out with Walker. Sure, he and Iris kissed but that didn't count. He didn't actually like her. And, they never opened their mouths.

When science class rolled around, I could feel Cyrus' eyes glancing over at me, but I sunk into my sweatshirt. Mrs. Dullridge walked in and picked up her clipboard, continuing to look around the room before scribbling something hung down.

She cleared her throats. "Today we will be going to the lab and we'll be continuing our chemical and physical reactions studies with the play dough lab."

I took out my notebook and flipped to where I had taken my notes about the topic as she continued. "We will be working on its partners, however since your behavior last time we went to the lab was very poor, I will be choosing the groups."

I heard everyone's eyes roll as they groaned. She went down the list and I peeked up when I heard my name. "Jonah and Cyrus..."

My face went pale and I felt my heart rate increase. I slowly walked towards his desk, not making eye contact. When I did look up, Cyrus was beaming. We walked over to the lab in an awkward silence. That was until he piped up and asked, "Are you ready for the game tomorrow?" in an attempt to cheer me up.

It worked. I smiled, glad the topic was now about frisbee. We finally had a chance to talk about strategies and game plays since he hadn't been at practices all week. He spilled our materials, we laughed too loud, and talked too much, and Mrs. Dullridge yelled at us. It was fun to actually be able to talk, laugh, and hang out without Walker looking over our shoulders. When I glanced over to him and his partner, he was staring right at me, glaring. I tried to shake it off and pay attention to Cyrus. But, I could still feel Walker's eyes attached to me and it made the hairs on my neck stand up.

When the bell rung, everyone rushed out and I was the only one in the room with Walker. I started to go out the door, but his arm shot across me. I turned to him and his face was so close to mine. He had anger in his eyes and his mouth was turned down in a frown.

"So, what are your intentions with Cyrus?"

I took a step back and I was against the wall. "What?"

His arm came off of the wall and he said, "Well, you obviously like him."

"No I don't."

He laughed. "Jonah. Cut it out. You need to stay away from him."

I looked down at my feet, "Well, we're friends so-"

He cut me off and snapped, "Not anymore. You go near him and you'll regret it."

And then he left the room.

I could still feel my heart pounding in my chest and I stayed against the wall. Oh my god. He's going to kill me. I'm dead. I just died.