E L E V E N

You Don't Know Me

Chapter 11

Not Edited

~ Summer Preston's POV ~

I feel like crap. Literal poop.

It's been a week since the fight and everyone has been on edge. Anthony and Tanner got suspended for 2 games for fighting. Eric isnt talking to Tanner even though he has no idea why they fought. Matt has no idea whose side to choose. Kali chose Tanners and Marilyn & I chose Anthony's.

"What did Tanner do?" Eric asked again.

"Nothing" I sighed.

"So Anthony just beat the crap out of him for no reason?" Eric scoffed.

"Eric. Drop it. Please" I whine.

"No. You need to tell me. I'm your brother" Eric complained. "My best friends are fighting and won't tell me why. It makes it seem like it's about my sister who is dating one of them"

"Eric" I groaned.

"Are you okay?" Eric asked.

"Yes"

"Are you sure? Because Anthony hasn't talked to you since the fight" He said and I stayed quiet. "Did you cheat-"

"God no" I spat out. "It was about Yasmine"

"Why they broke up?" Eric asked.

"You knew?" I asked.

"He told me the night he found out"

"Then why would you stay friends with him?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You know Anthony. He doesn't let anything mess with friendships. Yasmine wasn't as important to him as their friendship" Eric sighs. "Which brings up the question, why did they fight?"

"Eric..."

"Fine, fine. I'll stop"

I honestly don't know what to do anymore. Everything seems to be falling apart. My friendships, Anthony & I's friendship and 'relationship.'

I wake up every morning with a pit in my stomach because I don't know what's going to happen. I hope everyday that I'll wake up and see a text message from him on my phone. But I never do.

You know what? It's been too long. We can't just not talk to each other. We may not be in a real relationship but he is my friend. We need to work this out. I'm going to call him.

"Hello?" His voice said through the phone and every ounce of confidence I had drained. "Summer?"

"Yeah! Hello" I exclaimed after a few minutes of silence.

"Are you okay?" He sighed.

"Yeah! I just..." I trail off.

"Just?" He asks.

"Miss you" I mumble. It feels stupid saying something like that to Anthony. This is the first time in years that we aren't talking over something we did. This is the first time I've ever missed him.

"Summer..."

"No it's okay! I know you're upset with me. I just wanted to check if... we were still continuing, you know" I yelp out.

"I guess so, Summer" He said.

"Okay! Talk to you soon I guess" I rush out and hang up.

A few more days past and it was still just as bad. Matt had ended of choosing Tanner's side. I didn't blame him though. He was closer to Tanner and didn't know what was going on. Eric, on the other hand, was furious.