Chapter. 10

Ethan Gray

The weird feeling in my stomach started to grow the longer I stared at the sleeping beauty next to me. She leaned her head against the window, her eyelids closed, her mouth in a small pout as her chest raised slowly up and down everytime she took a breath.

She looked serene, peaceful, even-tempered. Nothing like the girl from this morning. God, she was throwing such a fit about clothes. And then she even mentioned Veronika. I know that she knew about Veronika, because it's all over the gossips. I never thought she would believe them. Gossips are gossips. Every celebrity, influencer, or model knows that. Even though Nicole didn't fall in any of those categories, she was the only heir of the Vargas hotel chains which makes her the perfect target for gossips.

Nicole seemed tired. After we had brunch at the Bruvette, she was very hungry may I add. Probably that's because she hadn't had breakfast in the morning, because of the tantrum she was throwing. I don't know why she's bothered about clothes and their seasons. When she came back downstairs, I couldn't help but compliment her inwardly. She looked so classy, stylish, fabulous, and oh god hot. Women wearing business clothes always looked so formal and uptight. Sometimes their clothes were too conservative or sometimes too revealing. None of those two were flattering.

But Nicole. She wore the perfect outfit to make men fall weak to their knees. I don't know how she do that. She's also very oblivious about what's happening around her. She can't see that men are openly eye raping her. If I could, I would throw them all a punch. Disgusting little pigs! She wasn't even revealing skin and they were all lusting on her. 

After we had brunch I brought her to the Stone Street for a walk and a nice little chat. Even though she was still mad at me that I introduced her as my girlfriend to Rose, she immediately forgave me as she saw how aesthetic the Stone Street was. Just what she needed for her instagram feed. After taking a couple of hundred pictures, we finally went back to the car. But not before grabbing a drink.

There she wanted to know more why Rose didn't like Veronika. That old woman didn't like the Russian at all. Hell, I didn't even like her. We both used each other for attention, a pr stunt is what they call it. Veronika was pretty...hot and vain. She could talk hours and hours about herself and never get tired. But she was the type of girl you could turn into your wife. Not only did she had the looks, she was also a very good cook, cleaned the house, decorated everything, cleaned the kitchen, and what not. She was the ideal wife. My ideal wife.

But something. There was something missing. Not only did I not feel anything towards her, I also don't get the weird feeling in my stomach like the one that I get when I'm around Nicole. With Nicole, everything is so different. She could be dramatic as hell and throw tantrums like it's in her DNA, but she could also be sweet and understanding when necessary. She could make you feel like hell, but at the same time it felt good. 

A weird feeling. A feeling that I can't describe. Or maybe I could, but I don't want too. I don't want to admit. 

I sighed and brushed a strand of hair out of her face. She stirred a little, but didn't wake up. We were already parked in front of the mansion for fifteen minutes and I was still contemplating if I should carry her inside or just wake her up.

I poked her softly on her upper arm, but she didn't even move. Guess there's only one way to get her in the house.

Minutes later I found myself carrying Nicole on the stairs to her room. She was lightweight, her hair covering half of her face as she still slept peacefully. Suddenly she moved and her eyes snapped open. Her eyes widened in confusion as she yelled out; "What the hell!"