• forty three

She was a lost bird in an endless sky.
But when she spread her wings,
She remembered how to fly.

"Don't you fucking dare," Sirius growled, gripping James' arm a little too tight for the lad's liking, unconcerned by the fact they were in a deserted corridor and someone could walk in any minute

"Why not?!" James argued back. "Didn't you see what she did to Marion last night?! She's lost her damn mind!" He pulled his arm from Sirius' grasp, sighing defeatedly once he realized no one was backing him up. "We have to tell Dumbledore," he said in a much calmer way as he attempted to persuade his friends. "She's dangerous."

"No." Remus added harshly. "She's not dangerous," he took a couple of steps forward to be face to face with James, "she's just going through a hard time. All thanks to you." He spat with an utter anger reflected on his eyes before walking past James, purposely bumping into him.

"Oh, so this is all my fault?!" James turned to scream at Remus' back.

"Yes!" The lycanthrope turned around in a heartbeat, his face rapidly becoming a nasty shade of red as his features contorted with an anger that mirrored the one in his eyes. "This is all your fucking fault!" He shouted. "If only you could've kept it in your fucking pants! But no, you always have to have it your way!" Remus was once again in James' face, this time not even attempting to keep his composure. "You had to ruin everything."

Never, not once in the six years of friendship they shared had they ever seen Remus acting that way. Not even the worst full moon brought out such an aggressive and hateful behavior. It got to the point where Sirius had to stand in between them before Remus dealt with James the old fashion way: with a fist to his face.

"She was my friend," Remus spat, his voice shaky as his eyes became glossy with tears. "And you did this to her."

No one attempted to stop him now. James looked at his two remaining friends, hoping to find some comfort in them, but was met with nothing but disappointed looks and sad frowns. Remus' words echoed in Sirius' head and suddenly he found himself unable to look at James in the eye. This was not his brother. He wiped a single fallen tear and turned on his heel, going in the same direction Remus had disappeared in. Now all James had left was Peter and he knew that if anyone was to forgive him, it certainly wouldn't be Peter.