Chapitre Vingt-Huit

This will be the cheesiest, most cliche chapter imaginable and you can't stop me from writing it.

Monday night dinner turned into date nights for the men. They normally tried to pick something disgustingly cute, just because neither of them had had an opportunity to. This Monday, after a lot of debating, they once again picked something horrifically adorable.

Ice cream.

A new ice cream store had just opened, and although being a relatively large town, new stores didn't open often. Especially not ice cream stores. Even better was that you could pick the flavor(s), the topping(s), and even the color of the bowl and the spoon. John, excited as he may be, wasn't nearly as thrilled as Alexander, who had a tendency to pay close attention to detail, even when it came to things like spoon color.

John had also been slowly warming up to PDA, much to Alexander's delight. They walked into the store holding hands, Alex basking in the glory and the possessive feeling of showing off his relationship to the world around him. The feeling, however, was short lived, due to Alex ripping his hand away in order to fawn over the new store. Lots of pinks, blues, and purples with cute furniture and wall decals. John just stood back and chuckled as he watched his boyfriend obsess over the interior design of the shop.

Eventually they started looking at the options, purposely going at an odd time so as to avoid any rushes. Alex was conflicted between getting a bowl, so as to pick a color, or a cone, so as to have a real ice cream cone. He decided on the cone and John followed suit. The next conflict was about the flavor. Alex couldn't decide whether to get Cookies and Cream or Peanut Butter Cup.

"Just get one scoop of each," John told him like it was obvious. Alex shook his head.

"No, I'm not getting two scoops," Alex said like it was the most ridiculous idea ever contemplated.

"Why?" John questioned. "Would they not taste good together?"

"I mean.. they would taste good together, but I'm not getting two scoops," Alex said. He told the ice cream scooper to give him Cookies and Cream, but when he turned his head to look at the toppings John gestured at the girl to give him one of each. She just silently laughed and nodded. John got a scoop of Peanut Butter Cup and they moved on, Alex not taking any notice to the addition on his ice cream cone.

Next came the toppings, where both of them went crazy. Then again, what else would you do when you have everything from cereal to cookie dough, brownie bits to gummy worms. Alex took notice to the second layer of his ice cream, but responded to it with only a lights slap at John's arm.

Once they finished and payed the store had started filling up, so the two decided to go to a park to eat their desserts for the rest of the evening. They did different things that couples do, linking arms, licking the other's ice cream when they looked away, sloppy ice cream kisses. And they spent the night together. No worries, no troubles, no conflicts, just love and happiness.

I honestly don't even care if this is cringey, I had to write something cute and slightly ridiculous and pointless.