The Day I Died

TimeTraveling Unnamed Bloke Story! What more could you want!?! 

I've decided to turn this into a series, so this is the end of the Ragnorok series. This story line will continue...in the next series 'Samantha'

This is out of order, but cronologically, this is the first story, where it all begins. 

These will also end up on my amazon page for purchase in e-book format...Link in the first comment.  

annnnndddd....I'll shut up now...

Enjoy. 

The Day I Died

I don't know why. I don't know how I kept ending up back here. The criminal returning to the scene of the crime. I'm considered a criminal to many but my motives are pure. I'll let you judge though. I've already let the three gentlemen behind me make up their mind. It hasn't worked out very well in my favor. My feet dug into the soft carpet as I threw myself to the side, diving down a hallway as a barrage of bullets wized by my ear. After the realization that I was still alive set in, I kept running.

I quickly glanced back, seeing my pursuers far behind but not enough for my own comfort. I turned back again before I felt a force hit me, pushing me to the ground and down a hallway I had rejected.

“What the...?!” I called out in shock as the figure rolled to their feet. A hand extended downward before I started to take it. A realization quickly came over me before seeing the hand, the small scars in the fingers. I looked up at the face of the figure in front of me before gasping loudly.

“I know, I had the exact same reaction.” He said with a small grin.

“What the...?” I asked, confused. I had no idea what was going on. I couldn't even fathom what was happening. A large part of me thought that one of those bullets actually hit me and I was dead. I raised an eyebrow in confusion, the rest of my body too frozen in confusion and shock to do anything else.

“You should see your face right now. Oh wait, you can!” The tackler said before mimicking a very accurate imitation of what I assumed as on my face at this very moment.

“But, you're me!” I replied with a more bewildered expression. It didn't even sound like an intelligent statement but it came out of my mouth all the same.

“More accurately, you are me,” he said, holding up his arm to show a small leather band around it. Lights flashed and buttoned chirped on the small wristband. “Recognize this yet?” I slowly got to my feet before admiring the gadget.

“Is that a...?” I started.

“Black hole redirector, yep.” Came the man's response with a slight grin.

“How did you...?” I started again before I was interrupted once more.

“Found it a few minutes ago.” He intruded, grinning wider.

“Does it w-” I started, anger rising.

“Work? Obviously. Here I am.” Cutting me off again.

“Why do you keep interrupting!” My future self and I said at the same time. His grin grew wider as my anger rose to dangerous levels.

“It's just too much fun. But you'll soon find that out,” My future self said before poking his head out towards the small hallway. A small number of guards, alert and ready for a fight, were milling about. I heard him curse quietly before turning back to me.

“Listen very closely and we'll both live. You're going to have to trust me on this.” he said serious. I only raised an eyebrow, looking at myself. He looked older, but not just in years. His expression was darker than my own. His eyes looked cold, as if he knew something I didn't and something terrible was going to happen.