Chapter 5

No P.O.V

After spending an hour at the lake the family make their way up to the house.

"I'll take the shower first," Sam calls out. He grabs his clothes and walks in. He looks at the toiletry bag that Colby had set up. He looks inside for an aftershave or something to get as a gift but he comes across a small black box. Sam sets it on the counter and has his shower. When he gets dressed he opens the box.

"What the FUCK," Sam whispers to himself as he pulls out the fresh bloodied razor. He sees the wrapping off of a Band-Aid and some steri strips. He walks out of the bathroom and into his room where Colby was getting his clothes ready.

"What the fuck is this Colby?" Sam asks holding the razor in his hand. He has tears in his eyes as Colby looks up from his bag.

"You went snooping through my things?" Colby asks with tears in his lost eyes. Sam puts the razor in it's box and sits next to him.

"Show me," Sam says putting his delicate arms around Colby. Colby hesitates and lifts up the leg of his shorts. Sam looks down and runs his fingers delicately over the scars.

"What do they signify?" Sam asks.

"Every time I cry I add a slash, I started the day after mums funeral, when dad started beating me," he replies. Sam wipes his tears from his eyes and lowers the fabric.

"We will work through this together," Sam whispers into Colby's ear. Dahlia calls out for dinner so they wipe their tears away and head down to the kitchen to eat.

After eating Colby has a shower, re-bandages himself and puts on his black sweatpants. Sam is already half asleep when Colby crawls in after taking some painkillers.

"I wont hide your box from you but I trust you never to use it again to self-harm yourself, I don't want to lose you after I just found you," Sam says as he rolls over.

"I promise," Colby says as Sam's delicate arms wrap around his bruised and bloodied body. For the first time in seven years, Colby has been able to naturally drift off to sleep and not have woken up in the middle of the night sweating with terror. Finally, Colby feels safe.

Hey guys,

I know it is a touchy chapter that will most probs make you cry, as it sure did make me as I read over it. Currently in Australia it is 6:40am. I might write one more chapter before school but I may not be home until 6:30pm for I am visiting dad. I have been given time on the computer to create content for you. As I am at school I may use solby1579's laptop to do one or two chapters for you. You may think I am spewing the chapters out too fast but when I am in the zone the content spews out of my head and I need to type it into words before it gets lost in my head.

Bad things are to come of Colby when he returns home, will he be able to make it out of the house without his dad knowing? Find out in the next few chapters.

ta ta for now

solbyshipper4lyf