Chapter 5

I stalk out the front door with a sulky look on my face.

“Come on Ash, it’ll be fun” Alucard wraps an arm around my shoulders cheerily.

“No, it’s going to be a disaster” Julius and I say in unison.

“Thank you” I sigh.

“It’s just school and only for a few weeks” Alucard continues.

“You are far too persistent” I groan. I continue on my way, stomping my feet like a small child.

We eventually reach my school. I stare up at the sign saying ‘Scarletwing Academy’.

“Well, come on” I drag the two males towards the office. Girls stop and gawk at them.

“And so it starts” I sigh. We reach the office. We are greeted by Mrs Grumps, an old, plump lady befitting her name of Grumps.

“What do you need?” She grumbles, probably mad about being interrupted from her book.

“New students, they need their timetables” I say. She starts to flip through files till she finds two timetables.

“Alucard and Julius?” She raises an eyebrow. They both nod and tank her as they take their timetables. I take both and inspect them.

“Julius has all the same classes as I do and…Alucard you have one… Drama? Of all classes” I sigh.

“Gonna meet the ladies, away from you” He grins.

“Well, we have English first, onwards slaves, actually Alucard you are a dog” I skip off towards English.

“I’m glad we only have English together” I mumble.

“The ladies love a man that’s good at the arts, Princess” He replies sending me a wink.

We settle down into our seats. Girls flock to Alucard and Julius, cooing over them like birds.

“Alright ladies, back to your seats” Our teacher instructs. The girls sulk back to their seats, stealing glances at the males every so often.

“We will be starting a new novel today, it’s called 1984, it focuses on totalitarianism and thought crime” With this summery everyone groans and a few people yell out ‘Boring’. She hands out the books. Seeing as I’ve already read the book, I can ignore it. Some people hold onto it by their fingertips as if the book was diseased in some way. How stupid, the book is pretty good.

“Page 129” I chuckle, earning a few wierded out looks.

“give it a chance” I huff.

“It’s ok Ash, I’ve read it” Julius leans over.

“Thank you Rapist boy” I exclaim.

“For the last time I’m not…” We start a heated staring contest.

“Hey, do they know each other, what a bitch, stealing them for herself” Girls whispered nastily, thinking they couldn’t be heard. Julius makes a start to get up and give the girls a piece of his mind but I stop him.

“Let them be” I sigh.

The day continues without further annoyances, well as long as you don’t count the drama king, Alucard.” I open my locker to get a few books out before I leave.