Chapter 22

Natalya watched Constantin put on his shirt in their walk-in closet. They took a very long heated shower. The bathroom was filled with steam by the time they stepped out. She could feel herself already blushing. Honestly, she had always been a very upfront and straightforward kind of woman but under her mate's gaze she couldn't help the speechlessness that seems to fall into place.

His back muscles stretching and defining as he pulled on his shirt even that small action was enough to have her squeeze her thighs tightly. Although, she had to admit, they had to stop soon with their uncontrollable urges because she was sore between her legs. Again, that blush deepened and she could feel her ears heat up.

He turned back to look at her and immediately his facial expression softened. A smile graced his gorgeous face before he walked over to sit next to her. He took hold of her hands and pulled her into his lap where he nuzzled her neck.

"Peeking at your mate while he gets dressed? A dangerous game you play, Natalya," He whispered. "That look in your eyes is enough to have me want to rip the clothes on you up and have my way with you in bed again."

She immediately shook her head and stood up, giving them at least an arm's length distance.

"I think it is best if we take a break from our exercises." She pointed out.

He laughed but didn't disagree.

Did he knew she was sore? She tried to walk without wincing in pain.

She slowly walked over to the sofa that was far enough away from the bed and sat down. He sat there staring at her with an arched eyebrow. She adjusted herself on the seat. She really did prefer to be back in his arms but that will only lead to things they needed to take a break from.

Newly mated couples seem to be attached to each other at the hips almost as if they were both still in heat. At this rate, Natalya had to admit they did look like they never gotten over the heat. She will surely end up pregnant if he continues to pounce on her each opportunity he gets.

"Natalya..." He spoke up again after a moment of them staring at each other. The smile on his lips disappeared and a look of seriousness took over.

But before Natalya could answer him, there was a knock at the bedroom door. They both looked towards the door before Natalya asked who was behind the door.

"It's me, Maksim." Natalya walked over to the door and opened to see her brother standing with Yulian. They both looked very grim.

"What's wrong?" She asked immediately.

"Is Constantin with you?" Maksim asked and she nodded in response.

"Alpha Viktor has issued a challenge." Maksim spoke in a serious undertone.

Natalya didn't understand. Did Alpha Viktor want her land? Why would he go this far to just obtain land that was like his? A piece of land was just land unless the person who takes care of it could make it grow into a prosperous piece of land. That much was simple for all Alphas. They were raised to know that they were the makers of the land that they owned.

"The challenge isn't for you, Natalya. It is for Alpha Constantin." Yulian seemed to know where her thoughts were trailing after because he answered her question.

"Do you understand what this means?" Maksim asked her. His right hand now settled on her shoulder to keep her steady in case she goes angry and rips Alpha Viktor's throat out.

"It means he means to fight for my place beside my mate. He wants to mate with her and by eliminating me it will break the bond." Constantin replied from behind the door. They looked to see him closely behind them.