03.

[three]

The next day of school Matt wasn't there. I tried texting and calling him, but he wouldn't respond. I'm worried about him, but I bet he's just sick. Most people at the school are talking to me less just because I hang out with Matt. Some people are so ignorant to dislike him, he's done nothing wrong. But I guess it's what they do, choose someone and decide to make their life a living hell. I walk over to my locker and Alexa goes to hers, which is a couple down. Her red hair is straightened and lays flat on her shoulders. She's wearing a floral crop top and a black skater skirt.

"Hey," I walk over to her, "are we still friends?" She seems to have been talking to me less and less, not responding to my text messages, even though it says she read it.

She sighs and closes her locker, "I don't know." and walks away.

"Hey!" I yell down the hall. "Can you at least tell me why?!" and she starts running and exits the school. I throw my backpack across my shoulders and run after her, but by the time I get there she's already gone. I start walking home, past many houses and crossing a few streets. It's quite lonely without Matt there to walk home with, but I'll see him tomorrow.

"You loooove Matt, don't you?" a voice mocks, and I turn to see who it is. Chase, with his blonde helmet hair and baggy clothes.

"Go away Chase." I walk away from him.

"You do, don't you? He loves you too! Isn't that adorable! I can see it, loser and loser forever in love!" he laughs.

"Why are you so irritating? You never stop! All you do is talk talk talk talk talk! Shut the fuck up already! No one really gives a shit about anything you say!" I yell at him, and people on the other side of the road give me strange looks.

"Fiesty, aren't ya?" he says, and since he is getting on my last nerve, I slap him across the opposite side of his face than I did yesterday.

"Leave me, and Matt alone. Got it? Thanks." He rubs his face as I turn around and run the rest of the way home.

"Mom I'm home!" I yell, and run up to my room and throw my backpack onto the floor. When I look up, my jaw drops. Matt is standing there with a small bouquet of roses, and on my wall, the word PROM? is written out in several post it notes. I notice words on each one and I walk up to it to read it.

Je T'aime

Te Amo

我爱你

and many others.

"Eden Knight, vous aller au bal avec moi?" he laughs at his messy French. "If you don't know, I said, Eden Knight, will you go to prom with me?" he hands me the roses and his eyes light up with hope.

"Of course!" I smile, and he picks me up and spins me around.

"Oh, and each post it says I love you in a different language." he says, pointing to the word PROM?

"You're so sweet." I say, kissing his cheek.

***

Swag swag swag this chapter is short but aye 2 chapters in one day hollaaa 😎

lol

Jk bc this didn't post on that day even thought I pressed publish idk man