Philippine Legendary Deities

Like all mythology, Philippine deities are believed by our ancestors as being who controlled everything. Seas and mountains move upon their will. And the people of history collected stories and poems about the superstition they observed in the past. 

Folklore produces branches under it from folk songs, folk narrative and folk speech. Under the narrative are the legends, folktales and myths. And the focus will be on myths.

According to the late Damiana L. Eugenio, the Mother of Philippine Folklore, myths "account for the origin of the world, of mankind, of death, or for characteristics of birds, animals, geographical features,and the phenomena of nature." 

As you know, the Philippines is composed of three main islands - Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. and each of these island are rich with their own collection of bathala and bathaluman. 

We will explore them and their stories as we go.

Quiet interesting if i say so myself. it does say proposed so, just an interesting pic for you. We may just encounter these names later.

The stories posted here are all found and research in the net and books

The stories posted here are all found and research in the net and books. Therefore, the credits are all to the people who wrote the articles.You know, just to be claer on that part. I just compile and comment or summarize what I read. It's currently an interest of mine, so why not share to other people who might also be interested. 

THANKS!