Sage

Author's Note: This is just a short chapter to show you what is happening upstairs with Sage and Cole. Thank you so much for reading! xo

Pictured: Sage

Song: I Will Wait- Mumford and Sons

Sage's Point of View

I rush to my old room quickly, wanting to be away from all of the commotion. One good blow to my stomach could have threatened this precious tiny life growing inside of me.

I enter the room and look around. "Hello darkness, my old friend," I mumble aloud to myself. Nothing has changed. I really hope that they don't make me stay in here again. Surely Cole wouldn't allow that. Especially now since I am carrying his child.

I let out a loud, heavy sigh and plop down on the bed. I know that I am crazy for coming back. Living here with Damian was hell. Noah was a good friend, Boss never really bothered me, and Cole was just so amazing, but Damian was a nightmare. He verbally abused me, sexually assaulted me, and made my life a living hell. Cole was the only thing that kept me going. 

Then I left him. He told me he loved me and that he wanted a life with me in the middle of making love, and I left him. Every night for the past month, I have laid in bed, tossing and turning, repeating the words in my mind that I said to him.

"If you love me, you'll let me go." How could I have been so cruel to him? 

The door swings open, and I quickly stand up. Cole and I gaze across the room at each other as if it's the first time we have ever met. His cheek seems to be really read from being hit, but other than that, he looks OK.

"Sage," he chokes out. Tears fill his eyes, and I am already crying. "Sage, Baby, why did you come back? You could have just called."

I shake my head. "No, I couldn't have." I glance down, breaking the stare. He begins making his way over to me. "This isn't something you tell someone over the phone."

He pulls me into a big, warm hug, and I feel myself melt into his chest. "What are you talking about, Sweet Heart?" He asks. I begin to cry harder. What if he isn't ready to be a dad yet? He is only 19. "Just tell me. What's wrong?"

I glance up at him, and he smiles down at me. I let out a shaky breath. "God, I missed that smile."

He laughs, tears falling from his face. "I missed those beautiful green eyes."

It's now or never. "Cole, I'm pregnant."

The smile falls from his face and my heart drops. I watch as his eyes grow wide. "How far along are you?" He asks, his voice shaking.

I respond. "A month."

"A-and," he pauses, processing the news. "I'm the father?"

I nod. "Yes, Cole. I'm so sorry. I didn't-"

"I'm going to be a daddy?" He asks, still zoned out.

"Yes," I say. "I didn't know that-"

He snaps out of his trance and cuts me off by lifting me up and wrapping my legs around him. "I'm gonna be a daddy!" He he shouts, grinning.

Relief floods through me. "We're going to be parents," I say, laughing and holding his face.

We fall back on the bed together, and his body covers me. When he speaks, it's a mixture of laughter and tears. "I'm gonna be a daddy!"

I laugh even harder, kissing him once. "You're going to be the best." He gazes down at me, and I stare up at the most beautiful pair of brown eyes I have ever seen. I hope the baby has his eyes. "I love you, Cole," I blurt out.

After I speak, his eyes begin to fill with that familiar, sexy, hunger that I have seen a thousand times before. He slides his hand to the back of my neck, his whole demeanor changing. "I love you more, Sage," he groans, pressing those warm full lips against mine. 

My entire body ignites, fireworks filling my chest. I cling to him for dear life as his lips move desperately against mine. It feels just like our last kiss the night we said goodbye, and in this moment, I can finally feel that I am completely and irrevocably in love with Cole Montague, the father of my child.