Chapter 4 : The second meeting.

So I had my way back home, Phoenix tagged along with me. It was already sunset. He knew that I needed him cause I was so afraid of the dark. Ugh, wth is wrong with me? I can summon dark powers but is afraid of the dark? That's just so absurd. Oh well, nevermind. Everybody has their own weaknesses.

As I was walking along the pathway, I heard a loud thud. I turned around and noticed that it was coming from the woods. Feeling so eagerly  to know what it was, Phoenix lit up the way for me. I took a few steps forward and I was so surprised on what I saw.

It was a giant hound laying down near the tree that had gold leaves. I wondered, "Why is it wandering off the woods at this hour? It looks like it's lost or something."

And then I noticed something fishy was going on. I leaned forward to get a closer look. Suddenly there was blood streaming down from the giant hound's lower abdomen.

"Oh no! It was injured all this time.. Maybe it was trying to escape from something and was shot till it fell on this spot right here.", I thought.

I wish I had magical powers to heal so it could get better but I can't. Only Clerics could do that. Hey! Speaking of Clerics, maybe Methias could help this poor thing. So I told Phoenix to go to the other side of the village hoping that Methias would pass by and notice like the other day.

So Phoenix went deeper into the woods while I was sitting next to this poor injured hound just in case something else goes wrong. It was really dark, luckily I could lit up a small fire with my finger on some sticks on the ground so it looked like a mini fire place. Just to light up the place a little.

After waiting for half an hour, finally Phoenix came back and guess what.. Methias was with him too! I was so glad to see him.

"Methias! Oh thank goodness you're here.. I was a little worried that you wouldn't show up.", I said to him.

"Oh hello Serraenity. Phoenix was the one who brought me here. What seems to be the matter?", He asked.

I told Methias about the giant hound. It was critically injured and it seems like it has been attacked by someone.. or something.

"I wanted to help it so badly but I can't summon magical powers that could cure the sick.. I was hoping that you could help it since that you have that power.", I said to Methias hoping that he could do something.

"Don't worry, I got this.", he replied.

I felt so relieved when Methias said those words. He was so confident on what he was doing and I put my whole trust in him.

I saw him bending on his knees leaning towards the hound, took out his right hand and placing it on the hound's lower abdomen. I was mesmerized to see that his hand was glowing. "Woah, so this is how Clerics use their powers to heal other living creatures. That's just so amazing. I wish I could do those.", I thought.

Within just a few seconds, the wound was healed. And the scar on the lower abdomen was completely gone!

"All done. Now you don't have to worry no more. Just try to not let giant hounds wander off in the woods especially after sunset. It's too dangerous.", said Methias.

"I can't thank you enough Methias! If it wasn't for you, I did not know what else to do.. I just can't leave this poor hound lying hopelessly here. Well, I too didn't know that it would suddenly wander off at this hour. In fact, I don't even know where it belongs. Maybe it was chased by something.", I replied.