Chapter XXII: The Rodriguez's

Thank you so much @user00712057 for adding HAISIY to your reading list! 🙏🏼💞

R I C C I

I was behind the cops with my siblings and Brent still trying to calm me down because I was still shaking in anger.

I was watching Zaun talk to the cops. I felt how uncomfortable she is so I thought she might need someone to take her out of the conversation anytime.

"Excuse me, Mr. Ricci Rivero, we just wanted to ask how you happened to be here in Diem?" A girl with a studio microphone and a man carrying a camera stood in front of us with name plates that says their from Diem Mirror too.

"We were about to pick up someone who works here. " I answered her then dumami na yung mga dumadating from different networks.

"Sino po?" Another reporter asked.

Kuya Rash started to drive me away from the media while Brent covered up for me.

Yung iba rito gusto lang din siraan ang Diem kaya ang bibilis nila. It's best to shut up nalang talaga.

I looked at Zaun to check if she's okay pa. Then she started shaking her head telling me na ayaw na nya. We went towards her inside the van and closed all doors.

As usual, I sat beside her at the back seat. She stopped crying already pero she hasn't smiled yet.

"Zaunea, we'll bring you to your house na ha? You don't have to worry. We'll do the talking. You rest na. " I said and tilted her head to lean on my shoulders.

"Thank you.. I couldn't bear to imagine this night if you guys didn't come. " she said.

___________________________

P R I N C E

We arrived at Zaunea's house na. She's still weak so Ricci and Brent helped her to get out of the van while Kuya Rash turns off the car engine.

"Kuya, kaya?" Tanong ko kay Kuya Rash. Kahit di kami naguusap pareho namin alam na kabado kami kasi since kami ang nakakatatanda, kami ang kakausap. Kinwento naman na rin ni Ricci sa amin na parang hindi nga okay sa parents ni Zaun. Ang hindi namin alam is kung ayaw kay Ricci talaga o ayaw at all.

"For Ricci. " Kuya Rash smiled.

"I just hope they won't eat us alive. " I joked and we both got out of the family van.

We entered with Zaunea leading us.
We all greeted them a good evening. Then may little girl din pamangkin siguro ni Zaun and a teenaged boy.

"Ma, Pa, si Ricci po saka mga Kuya nya. Si Kuya Prince saka Kuya Rasheed tapos kaibigan nila, si Brent. " Zaunea introduced as so we shook hands with them.

"Anong nangyari? Totoo ba yung nasa balita?" A tall and dark mature man asked. This must be his Dad.

"Opo" Zaunea answered still tucked in the blanket I gave her.

"Mabuti at dumating kayo.." nakahinga kaming apat ng sabay sabay kaya naman nagkatinginan kami.

Nananahimik pa rin si Zaun na nakaupo. We can't count on her pa sa ngayon, the trauma is still fresh.