Chapter Eighteen

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I know I always have an excuse, but seriously y'all I really only sleep, work, and go to school.

Our baby won two awards tho. Y'all saw that? Sunday, June 29,2014 August Alsina won two BET Awards. I really am so proud of him, and wish him many more years of success.

************************************************************************************************************Mariah

I sat in the middle of my bed, with my hand clenching to my stomach. As the hot salty water left my eyes and fell down my face. For the past week August has been in and out the house. He comes in to shower, eat, and sleep then he is gon back out the door. To make things worse, he hasn't spoken to me. He whispered two words my way, and shook his head. I couldn't even hear what he said.

I feel like this shit is petty. I didn't invite Kevin here, and I was trying to get him to leave. Kevin's words were still weighing heavy on my mind. War! Aug hasn't been at war since his brother was killed, and that wasn't even war. I don't even know if August isn't speaking to me because he is at "war" or because he is disgusted with me.

"Mariah...." Keedy silently walked into my master suite. "I brought your favorite!" She held up the white container and big white styrofoam cup. I knew she'd brought me wing shak, but I wasn't in the mood. That didn't mean I wasn't gonna eat tho. I was starving, shit and I think the baby was too.

I gave her a faint smile, and watched as she crawled on my bed to sit right on side of me. She placed the plate in my lap and reached over to put the drink on the nightstand. "Thanks." I stuffed two cajun ranch fries into my mouth.

"Has August been home today?" She asked, watching me eat. I shook my head, letting her know that he hadn't. "Well don't worry about it Maw. I'm stay here or whatever so that you won't be lonely. Johnae told me to tell you that she was going to the doctor's when I was coming in. I asked her why you weren't going, and she said she didn't want to bother you." Keedy reached her hand in my plate, and took a whole goddamn wing!

"Keedy." I sighed, and rubbed my stomach with the back of my hand.

Keedy watched as I unconsciously gave in to my pregnancy. "Has he said anything about the baby?" She kept her eye on my poked out stomach. I wasn't totally showing; it looked like I just left the buffet.

"Keedy, what part of he hasn't talked to me are you not getting?" I caught an attitude.

"Excuse me, I was just asking." She took a fry.

"Bitch is this plate for me or us?" I rolled my eyes, as I hit Keedy's hand while she was trying to come back for something else.

"Us!" She reached back and got another fry, stuffing it in her mouth. I couldn't help,but laugh. I swear she always knew how to make me feel better. "I'm mad you haven't been at work." She sighed.

"I work from home, and I'm not hurting for no money." I reminded her. It wasn't like I was no bum, and didn't feel like working.

"Yea, but it's so different. I gotta drive all the way over here or call you if I have to tell you something, when usually I could walk right next door." She smacked her thigh, and threw herself back on my bed.

"I just need time. I am coming back tho, I just don't know when." I wiped my hands and closed the lid to my plate. I was done, I couldn't eat anymore.

Keedy and I talked for about an hour and a half, although she did most of the talking. She left when she got a call to show a house on St. Charles Ave. The commission she was set to make from the sell is outstanding. When she left I went back to doing what I was doing before she came in. I continued to sit in the middle of my bed, and I continued to think. I didn't even get bothered when August walked into the room, and didn't speak this time. I was too occupied with my own thoughts going on in my own brain to worry about the problems he was thinking about in his.