2. MISTAKE

Phil's POV

Living alone is sometimes fun for me. I could do anything I want, like listen to loud music, and buy any plant that I wanted and not get yelled at. Yet it sometimes gets depress around here. Lonely and sad. I had roommates with me, but they left because they found a lover and decided to live with them.

Don't get me wrong I'm proud of them that they found someone. But sometimes I get upset that they found a life to live for, while I have to keep waiting for someone. Staying up late, watching whatever I can to keep my distracted from the real world. Every now and then, I would cry myself to sleep, thinking I'm not good for anyone in this world. Thinking that I isolated myself in my house. Even though I have a good paying job, Which a newspaper article, I still can't find my way out.

Today is June 1, 2018. 1 p.m. and I still can't think of a story to tell in this Godamn news paper. I could either make up a story about someone or talk about something personal and say it's someone else going through this.

While thinking about an idea, I heard something from the TV across from me. 'Bloody flower was left on a teen's lap. After being shot in the next. No suspects to be found.'

I was in shock to hear this. Even as a young teen being killed so horribly. So I started Typing on my laptop about this event. Saying that this teen could of had so many opportunities in their life than be killed. And while typing, the anchormen said that the killer was once again Daniel James Howell. Once again, I wasn't shock to hear that he was the killer. That makes it about 15 victims he had killed in over a month. Entire year is worst, 121 victims.

All of a sudden, my alarm went off. I was late for a meeting I had with Micheal, my manger. I got up, putting everything in my bag and looked in the mirror, looked decent enough and ran out the door. There was not time for a taxi.

While running, I accidentally bumped into someone. I fell over and so did they. My papers fell out too. Quickly, I tried sweeping them back in my bag, the person helped me. I got up and said my apologies to them.

"I'm very sorry. I should of watched myself running. I'm terribly sorry."

As I patted my legs and shirt.

"No need to apologize, I wasn't paying much attention as well."

He smiled at me. The green eyed, brown curly hair man said. I smiled back and waved at him while running towards the office. Getting into the elevator, I wasn't finish with my news article. I got out my laptop and typed as much information as. Can. Yet when it got to my level, I had no time. I closed my laptop and ran out,

I speed walked to the receptionist, Carol, who noticed me panicking. She told me that the manger was late as well, he's stuck in traffic as she told me. I nodded and calmed down.

Taking this opportunity, I finished  up my article. Until I heard the ring. It was from Micheal.

"Hey Philip. I'm sorry but I won't be able to make it to the meeting, it has been cancel. Traffic here is absolutely Horrible. We'll reschedule."

He texted me. Carol looked at me and asked what happened, and I told her. She nodded and told me to go back home and get some sleep and finish the article so I could be prepared. And I did. Once again I didn't take a taxi, I just walked.

Walking seems fun, depends who you are. You'll be able to see such aesthetic towards the world you live in. While day dreaming. I came across a alleyway, and began walking towards it to see paintings on the wall until I heard yelling coming from the other side.

My thoughts were telling me to run away or capture this moment. The whole time, someone caught me staring and they started walking towards me. I shook me head and began to walk back.

"Hey, What the hell do you want?"

He yelled at me. The other figured began walking slow. I stumbled backwards and ran away.
Time to take an actual taxi I guess.