9

Morning came and that maid from last night came back in the room. She was holding a dress, a wedding train, shoes and many other accessories that I have never seen. I slowly got out of bed and they ushered me to come to the bathroom to get scrubbed clean. I nodded and got up. My legs nearly buckling from underneath me.

I took a deep breath and saw the maid and her assistant giving me sympathetic stares. I furrowed my eye brows in annoyance and said , " Stop looking at like that and let's get this over and done with".

They smiled and me faintly and proceeded. I nervously removed my robe and the maid put her hand on my arm and rubbed it. Oddly I felt comfort in her touch and I didn't flinch. I put my hand over her hand and whispered a 'Thank You'.

I got in the tub and got scrubbed , my hair got washed as well. I left the tub and got dried and sat down on the bed. " What will be next" I said as I breathed out a sigh.

" Now we are going to curl and style your hair, it won't be a problem since your hair is African style. After you will wear your dress and we will do your makeup for the finish. His majesty told us that you are to come down to the large dinning room. He will be waiting for you along with the guests".

When I was finally done, they got a body size mirror and I stood there blown away. The wedding dress was snug on my body, the train was a bit longer than me and it complimented my dark brown hair. I touched my cheeks and saw the hint of blush. I ran my fingers through my hair and slowly breathed out. I was oddly amazed at how beautiful I looked.

I looked at the maid and said " Thank you for supporting me on this difficult moment in my life. I swear I will win against him. There is nothing I got left to lose so bring it on. I will make sure he suffers around me even if it means I'm going to get hurt along the way". She bowed her head and smiled at me.

She handed me a bouquet; the flowers were white lilies and other white flowers I never seen. As we walked out of the room and down the hall my body became stiff and I stopped moving. I couldn't be ok with the monster who subjected me to this horrendous inhumane acts . My heart went into over drive and for once in my life I felt scared.

I tired to slow down my breathing and brace myself. Outside the hall I stood ready to enter and to my right and left there were to guards who saluted when they saw me.

They both opened the door and everyone stopped mumbling amongst themselves. Silence filled the room and people stood up from the round decorated tables. There was a long lane for me to get to Blake who now stood up and looked at me.

His expression was mixed but as I walked towards him I could depict he was mesmerised. But he quickly hide his expression and it came back to its dull and stoic emotion.

Out of nowhere classical music played , men and women played various instruments. I finally reached him and to my left his parents proceeded to sit down. Their chairs were made of the most expensive wood and the top of the chairs had crowns. It was designed with the finest jewels and gold.

I stood in front of him and glanced down avoiding his gaze. However I could see him looking at me intently. In between us stood the marriage officiant. He wore his long religious attire and had a big smile on his face. He was obviously clueless as to who he was marrying me to.

The music finally stopped and he started to speak. " Dear people we are gathered here to marry his royal prince Blake Louis Austin of the Kingdom of Artiz and his beautiful bride Brianna Mona Jenson who has dedicated her life to the kingdom".  He said I stayed silent and patient but the further he went with the wedding the more discomfort I felt.

I knew I had to stay still because his threat to Suha was very powerful and I did it want any further harm to come to her. I dozed off the muttering about how we will need to commit to each other, love each other and always support each other. I knew this man was incapable of any ounce of respect let alone actually treat me like a woman and not someone who's inferior or below him.

The marriage officiant instructed me to hand over my hand over my bouquet because it was now for the exchange of our vows. To my left a woman who I suspected of being a maid came and took it out of my hand. " For this section I would like you to both hold each others hands firstly Blake will repeat after me and then when he's done you are to do the same" he asked waiting for my reassurance. I nodded as an indication I understood.

Blake held my hand bit harshly and without hesitation I looked at him and gave him  a long glare. He looked at him ,now pissed because there was a brief moment of silence before Blake spoke. " Please continue, Brianna is a bit shy at the moment".

The marriage officiant smiled and continued to speak. " Blake Louis Austin do you take Brianna Mona Jenson to be your lawful wedded wife. To love her and treat her as your wife till death do you part". I looked at him a tear forming on my eye. Hoping he would say no and this wedding doesn't go ahead.

A silence and then...

My worst nightmare.

"Yes I do".

My word came crashing down.

I started to shake visibly and his hand have me a stiff grip. He knew that I needed to stay calm and collected.

The marriage officiant turned to me now and he repeated what he said previously and hoped for the same answer. I started to stammer , unable to control my anger, fear and discomfort. I took and deep breath and finally spoke.

" I-I do"

" I pronounce you now husband and wife"

A big round of applause erupted and Blake pulled me into a rough kiss. A tear escaped my eyes. I wanted to kill him on the spot.