Chapter 4

Sorry it's taken a while for me to update this story. I haven't had much motivation or ideas popping up. I do hope you still like this chapter though. Despite it being all muddly :')

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Nefertari~

"Daughter Run!"

"I-I can't mama my feet hurt!"

Both me and my mother were running from a large shadow, it was catching up to us. We had to hide, somewhere, anywhere. But these buildings were almost rubble so it was difficult to find a place to hide from HIM. That shadow... HIM... Was my father. He wanted my mother dead, at first he couldn't do it as my mother's family were powerful people and could kill him on the spot... But he managed to get rid of them all one-by-one and now he's after her, her riches, how long will it be until he kills me? Will it be after he killed my mother? Will it be tomorrow? Or will it be when I'm older?

Too many thoughts crossed my mind, not being aware of my surroundings, I tripped on a rock and fell to the floor and grazed my knee. I looked behind me as he came closer, my mother grabbed my arm and dragged me along, despite the tears in my eyes I had to keep moving. We were coming close to a dead end.

"Nefertari, whatever happens to me, please protect yourself. All the training I've given you, don't let that go to waste"

"I promise Mama" I sniffled.

My mother ushered me to a broken-down home.

"Whatever you do... Don't make a sound"

I nodded, hiding behind the broken wall, peeking my head near the edge just enough to see what's going on and to make sure I don't get spotted.

He came close, his shadow towered over my mother, his piercing demonic red eyes and sharp teeth showing through his wide grin.

"Are we finally ready to commit to our fate"

His voice sounded like venom rolling from him tongue.

"Go to hell" My mother spat.

My mother braced for impact as his shadow torn her apart, blood spattered everywhere. I held my breath, tears rolled down my cheeks and gathered on the floor below me. I couldn't stop crying, I had to move but I couldn't.

The shadow moved... I couldn't tell where.

Then I felt a sharp pain in my side.

"Ah so that's where you were hiding"

I stared at the red orbs in front of me... This isn't what happened... What exactly was this shadow.

A chuckle came from it.

"In time you will know my desert flower, but for now, you much wake up"

~~~

My eyes shot open, I sat up on the bed, my head dripping with sweat. I looked around my sun lit room "where's Malik and Bakura" I asked myself. I rubbed my eyes and looked down, Bakura's cloak was on me. I pulled it close to my face, taking in the scent, it smelt nice. It didn't have that sweaty horrible man smell to it, it had like a light musky smell to it and some sort of flower, I couldn't guess what it was but it smelled really nice for a guy like him. I decided to put it on before moving off the bed and out of the bedroom. It was incredibly large considering my small frame so I had to lift it up off the floor just in case someone stood on it, tripped over or it got dirty.

Wandering through a hallway I could smell something cooking, so I followed the scent and made my way towards a kitchen. I could hear voices "Malik stop it's not even that- Ah fuck!" "Oh quit being such a baby, do you want to bleed out?" Malik and Bakura were arguing again. Sighing I walked in on them, Bakura was bent over a table and Malik behind him "Well that's a sight" I said grinning. They both looked at me "Oh hey Nefertari, morning" Greeted Malik" Bakura put his head on the table, clearly embarrassed, I walked over to them "so what are you doing?" "Patching up this reckless fool, wanna help?" Malik asked. I shrugged my shoulders and went to help. Malik handed me a damp cloth and said "clean his wounds for me while I get some more bandages" "Okay" I said and started cleaning the wounds on his back "what on earth have you gotten yourself into?" "Not like I had a choice. I either fight or get captured." Bakura muttered from the table. His muscles in his back kept twitching every time I cleaned one of his deeper wounds "would you stop and relax, I'm not hurting you or anything" "Woman, it's a natural reaction, also you're being too rough" "what a terrible liar you are Thief, what would you prefer me to do? Use my tongue?" I whispered in his ear. He tensed his body "well... if you insist" he said relaxing himself, I slapped him on the back of the head "damn pervert" I muttered. Hearing a chuckle Malik was back with the bandages "Bakura you and your fetishes never cease to amaze me" "Not like I was going to get any action anyway" Bakura muttered. I looked at Malik, then Bakura, then back again "you seem to know an awful lot about thief boy here" "that's because I always tended to him and his wounds... and many other things that I rather not discuss since he IS sensitive about it being mentioned" Malik laughed, Bakura growled "I'm not sensitive dammit!" Malik only laughed "Oh yes you are. Oh, by the way, any idea who gave away your location?" "I have no clue. Ask you lasses if you care so much" Bakura muttered. Malik sighed and started wrapping Bakura with the bandages "Alas, I cannot, I've got to take Nefertari out to the market for some proper clothing" "What do you mean PROPER? Aren't the clothing I got her enough?" "she probably feels like a harlot it what you put her in thief" Malik slapped him upside the back of his head. Bakura muttered a few curse words before standing up straight and looked at me "woman, I rather you didn't get too attached to my cloak so hand it back over" "How about no" I said hugging his cloak close "it's warm and I like red" "does it look like I care? Hand it over now" He demanded. Huffing I took it off and handed it back to him, he snatched it from my hand and put it on himself.

"Alright you two love birds, if we want to get to Nefertari's father we must make haste" Malik said and put his hands on my shoulders. Bakura stared at him annoyed "Love birds? Like fuck we are" "Awe Bakura, I thought what we had was special" I pouted. He stared at me in disgust and then smirked "if I knew you wanted to sleep with me that badly you could have just asked" he winked at me. Blushing slightly, I frowned at him "in your dreams thief" "now, now you two. Nefertari, let's go out to the market, we need to find you something for tonight" Malik said pushing me out of the kitchen. Sighing I allowed him to take me out of the Inn he held my hand and then tugged me along with him through the alley ways and into the streets where it was crowded and many stalls had their owners shouting from the top of their lungs. I held tightly onto Maliks hand as he pulled me along through the crowd so I wouldn't lose track of him, accidently bumping into people I muttered "Sorry" "I'm sorry" "Excuse me, sorry" I didn't do well with huge amounts of people crammed together. It wasn't long until we reached the stall Malik wanted to go to, it had many dresses, slippers and jewellery. The man at the stall saw us "Ah Malik! Lovely to see you again, and who might this lovely lady be?" "Hello Jafar, this is Nefertari" Malik greeted me to the man "h-hello sir" I muttered hiding behind Malik slightly, I wasn't well with new people. The man laughed "Don't worry child, I wouldn't harm you, not like the man you resided with" "you know of my father?" I asked him. He nodded "indeed, it's not hard to miss you, the pharaoh has guards looking for you... and the thief unfortunately" he muttered the last bit.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned my head, my eyes widen at the two men stood behind me "excuse us miss, we don't mean to bother you on your shopping, but we must insist you come with us" "What's this about?" Malik asked staring at the men and holding me close. They straightened up and looked at Malik dead in the eye "This does not concern you, Inn keeper. We are following orders the pharaoh has given us and this woman is needed at the palace" "and what if I refuse" I asked them "I'm sorry miss, but we were told to bring you on strict orders made by the pharaoh" one explained to me. I sighed, looking down "okay, if you insist I must go, then I must go" I got out of Maliks hold and stood next to the guards "You'll still find me something to wear right Malik?" I asked him "yes of course I will" Malik said. I nodded and walked walking away with the guards towards the palace.