Chapter 10

Mike

If you ever charge headlong into danger, make sure you bring a flashlight.  I did not, which explained why I was wandering blind into who-knows-what.

My heart thudded viciously in my chest as I shuffled through the darkness.  If the power was flipped on, why was this room so dark?  Did they have no lights or something?  Anything could be crouched in the darkness, waiting for me to approach . . .

And then my hand brushed against a doorknob.  I grasped it and pulled the door open a crack, allowing what light it had to filter through.  I couldn't understand what I was seeing on the other side.

The room beyond was circular.  Gray metal paneling with safety glass made up the walls.  A bulky contraption hung from the ceiling.  It looked like a extendable arm with an alligator's jaw at the end.

But that's when the room got creepy, sending cold shivers racing down my spine.

Animatronic body parts littered the ground.  I could identify the heads of each Funtime animatronic.  Most of them had been broken apart into pieces.  Foxy was still attached to her endoskeleton, but huge portions of plating and wires were missing.

But even though the animatronics were lifeless, the room wasn't empty of life.  I could hear buzzing in my ears.

A wire creature stood near one of the walls.  It looked like a more completed form of Ennard.  It even had his face.  It was busy strapping a terrified Sabrina's feet to the floor.

Oh, Sabrina.  I'd never seen her looking this terrified before.  Her eyes darted about wildly.  She wasn't even trying to escape from the creature.  She simply stood there trembling, mumbling something over and over.  It took me a moment to understand her.

"Ghosts aren't real.  Animatronics aren't alive.  The walls aren't bleeding."

The walls aren't bleeding?  That one threw me for a second, before I realized it wasn't important.  What mattered was rescuing Sabrina.  I stepped into the room.

"Release her," I ordered.  The wire creature stopped and turned, grinning at me with needle teeth.

"Who's orders?" it asked in Sabrina's voice.  Or was that Sabrina talking?

No, definitely the machine.

"Mine," I told it.  "Now do it, or I'll deactivate you."

The machine laughed.  It sounded like metal grating together, piercing my eardrums.  "We can't be deactivated.  Not even if you knew how."

"Sucks for you, because I do know how.  William Afton told me."

Sabrina still hadn't reacted to all of this.  She hugged her arms to her body and shut her eyes.  I wanted more than anything to hug her and tell her everything was going to be ok, but I couldn't.  Not yet.  I had to deal with this first.

"Mangle, deal with him," the wire creature ordered.  I backed away as Funtime Foxy, or what was left of her, shuddered to a crawling position and turned to watch me.  It's unhinged jaw swayed slightly as it scrambled towards me.  I did the only reasonable thing.

I kicked it's face.

The head whipped back under the force of the blow, but the rest of the body kept coming.  One of the hands grabbed my ankle and jerked.  My feet were pulled out from me and my head hit something behind, probably the wall.  All I knew after that was darkness.

When I came around again I was slumped against the wall.  The room was dim and thankfully Mangle free.  It also didn't have the wired animatronic from before.

Sabrina was lying in a heap on the floor nearby.  She was still chained up, but now that I was awake I could do something about that.  But first to make sure she was ok.

I crawled to her side (I didn't have the strength to stand yet) and checked for her pulse.  I couldn't feel it, but the gentle rise and fall of her chest told me she was still alive.

I tried to pick her up and found myself unable to fully lift her (did she always weigh this much?) so instead I settled for half-dragging her out of the room.

The animatronics were gone, but why had they left?  They didn't even get what they came for in the first place.  Did they?