Chapter 30

GO! GO! LET'S GO! LET'S GO! DATEKOU!!

Tsukiko was gripping the railings so hard that her nails turned white, deep concern etched onto her face. She knew that Karasuno was amazing – their first match against Tokonami proved it.

However, their match against Datekou showed just what they can do. This match was much less one-sided than the other, and it is through adversity that Karasuno can really prove their true strength.

Even so, that didn't stop Tsukiko from worrying.

Her worries were soon quelled though. She had seen the quicks used by the oddball duo, but they seemed a bit different and even more amazing during this game. Slowly but surely, Karasuno was racking up the points through those quicks and Hinata being a decoy.

Occasionally, during the most exhilarating points of the match, Tsukiko would yip in excitement. She did it more often when Tanaka was the one to blow past the 'Iron Wall.' They were never particularly loud, but it was much more excitement than she was used to.

It seemed like the team's joy was contagious, and Tsukiko unknowingly was unable to contain it.

Karasuno earned their second win that day and prepared to sit in the stands to watch the rest of Seijoh's match. The team walked to the stands where Tsukiko was. "Tsukiko-chan!" Tanaka called out to her first, followed by Nishinoya and Hinata. Their excitement got the best of them and they dashed over to her, jumping up and down.

Meeting them halfway, Tsukiko joined in their enthusiasm. "Y-You guys were amazing! H-Hinata-kun, your spikes were like 'whoosh' a-and then 'kaboom!!' A-And Nishinoya-senpai, your receives made me go like 'uwaahh!'" She spoke fast, barely able to contain herself. Nearly the whole team looked at her in surprise. Even Nishinoya and Hinata stopped their jumping because of the shock.

Finally noticing her actions, Tsukiko squeaked and quickly covered her mouth with both hands. The boys could clearly see the blush crawling out from under her turtleneck and up her face, past her bulging eyes and reaching her hairline.

"T-Tsukiko-chan...?" Tanaka prodded, causing her to jump. "I-I-I-I mean, g-g-good j-job!!"

"TSUKIKO-CHAAAAAN!!!" Tanaka and Nishinoya nearly spilled their tears. They rubbed furiously at their eyes. Sugawara and Daichi brought the team back together before they could cause too much of a disturbance.

"Okay, okay! Let's all calm down and sit before we get yelled at...again." Daichi emphasized the last part, reminding the overly-excitable second-year duo of what happened in their first match. They quickly shut up and sat down like good boys.

Tanaka sat on Tsukiko's left, and the open seat on her right was soon filled by Kiyoko. The manager smiled and pat the shy girl's back, giving her a little comfort to help her calm down. Tsukiko appreciated the effort, but her face was still burning.

"Oooh! Ryu, isn't this a great sight!" Nishinoya exclaimed, referring to the two girls. "Yeah, it sure is..." Tanaka agreed, but amazingly enough, he wasn't even looking at Kiyoko for once and his eyes were only on Tsukiko.

Most of her face was still red and she kept fidgeting in place, anxious about being so close to him. She would fan her face with her hands every once in a while to subdue some of the heat.

So cute...

Was it legal to be this happy? Was it actually allowed?

Him and his team had just won both their matches with straight sets. He was sitting next to the girl that he likes. He even got to hear how excited she was about their wins.