0 0 : 0 0

0 0 : 0 0

TAEHYUNG WAKES TO the scent of roses.

He inhales, deeply, then registers that he's not alone. Curled up next to him, with her head on his bare chest, is the girl he's been searching for. He is certain of it. The warmth of her body seeps into him like sunshine on snow, her legs wound around his like a cat basking under his attention, and her breathing falls with steady familiarity against his skin.

It's you.

I've found you.

She shifts slightly, her hand coming up to rest over his heart. "Good morning."

It seems so easy. Too easy. That he's spent such a long time searching for her, only to find her right there next to him.

He props himself up on one elbow to look down at her. "Are you a dream?"

There's a beat of silence. Then, slowly, she lifts her head to look up at him. Barefaced, with sleep etched into her features, she's the most beautiful creature he's ever seen. He swallows, suddenly aware of the fact that he's wearing close to nothing.

"No," she says quietly, and his chest twists at the warm affection in her eyes. He wonders if she realizes that he's looking at her the same way too. "No, this isn't a dream. I'm quite real, and so are you."

"But I—"

She reaches up to press a finger against his lips and he falls silent, suppressing a shiver at the contact. "Sleep now. You look like you've travelled a long way."

Oh, but he has.

Thirty years ago. One year ago. Twenty-five years ago. Two years ago. Twenty years ago. Three years ago. Fifteen years ago. Four years ago. Ten years ago. Five years ago.

And, now, twenty-one days ago.

A wave of fatigue sweeps through him and he drops his head back down. He leaves the gun under the pillow, and wraps both arms around her. "Alright," he hums in agreement. Then he tenses, his arms tightening around her almost possessively. What if he wakes, and she is not there? "You won't leave, right? You won't leave me?"

She shakes her head and smiles. "No, I won't," she says softly, reaching up to brush his hair out of his eyes. "I'll be right here when you wake up."

He nods, satisfied, and closes his eyes.

And wakes up.