Chapter 24

Show morning... Ugh. 4:30 am, out at the barn. I'm buzzing!

Just kidding, someone get me a pizza because I want to SLEEP!

"Adam get me some more braiding bands." I tell my little brother. He nods, giving me the black bands. "You can go sleep on my tack box. I brought blankets and pillows." I exclaim. "Okay Saphy." He yawns and disappears from sight.

I finish the last braid and put Satan's full body sleezy on.

"Are we done?" I ask. "Yes. You can go back to sleep if you want." She grins, pointing to our horse trailer.

"I'm okay. I'm just going to put Adam to bed." I smile and take my little brother to the trailer. "Alright bud you can camp out here." I say and start getting him situated as Taylor walks in. "I should really be used to this by now." She sighs. I giggle as she turns on the news.

I hear soft snoring and look over to see Adam sound asleep. I take a picture for twitter.

"@Saphy_M: Rough Morning? Me thinks. 😂😂 pic.twitter.com/2ywxzdd"

My phone starts ringing and I pick it up. "Eric William Unger. What do you want at 4 in the morning?" I ask. "To say hi? We have to take Billy to the doctor's today. He's getting a prescription for an antidepressant." He explains. "Why should I care about that waste of space?" I spit.

"You hold on a minute! Last week, you told me you still loved him and you missed him. What happened?" Eric asks. "I grew up and got a life." I reply. "He really regrets breaking up with you. Will you come home to see him?" He pleads. "No. I'm in the middle of a horse show that can get me into an international trial. I can't worry about boys." I sigh. "Okay fine. But when you get home, will you visit him?" He asks. "Maybe." I grumble. "Okay! Thanks grouchy pants!" He exclaims and hangs up.

I let out a long groan. "Boy problems?" Taylor asks. "You have no idea." I sigh.

She chuckles and asks me to explain. "Oh dear. That happened to me once." She shakes her head. "My advice is to see him and decide. That happened to me with Tyler. I just decided when I saw him that I still loved him. Now look at us!" She exclaims.

I nod and thank her. Then I turn back to my phone. I hate this.

----

A few hours passed and it became time for me to get ready.

I put on my white animo breeches, show shirt, and my black and pink animo shadbelly.

I slip on my black Charles Owen and go to get Satan tacked up. I mount him and recite my pattern.

We start off in the schooling ring at a brisk trot. Taylor tells me to canter and I put Satan into a collected canter.

"Alright! Do a few serpentines and lead changes and head up!" She yells. I do as she says and go to the ring. "Saphira you are on deck!" The announcer says.

I breathe deeply and run through the course again.

The 5 minutes I'm in the ring are pure bliss. We come out with a 25.7, putting us in 4th. I seriously can't breathe or even think straight.

4TH PLACE OMFG.

Anywho! Gotta keep my composure!

I walk proudly back to the barn with Satan and Adam. My wonderful zorse proceeds to try to dump me in the mud. I stay on and get back in the saddle. Adam clings to me, so he doesn't fall off. "Satan." I hiss. We head back to the barn and I pull off my show tack. "Hey Adam. We got you a surprise." Taylor grins when she comes back. She came one place higher than me.

"What?!" He asks. "Go look in the stall." She laughs. He walks to the stall as Taylor counts down. "DAISY!" He squeals. "Do you want to disobey the doctor and ride double bareback with me?" I ask. "Yes!" He shouts. "You guys are the bestest! I should tag along to horse shows a lot more often!" He squeals. I laugh and take off my shadbelly. I go to our trailer and change into a pair of skinny jeans and a Lab Rats shirt. 

"So what are we doing for the rest of the day?" I ask Taylor. "Well you guys have homework to do right?" She asks. "Yup." I reply, taking out another braid. "So we'll do homework then I guess we could see a movie or something!" She grins. I nod and keep pulling out braids.

After Satan's braids are out, I take him to the washracks for a bath. I put him in his stall with a fan and go back to Adam. "Ready to go riding?" I ask, tossing him a helmet. He grins and we put our helmets on.

I get on Daisy's back first, then Adam follows. We're only a combined weight of 168 so she can carry us easily, being part haflinger and all.

We take off trotting, with Adam holding onto me. He's laughing like a maniac as people are giving us weird looks. I smile as Daisy breaks into a canter. Now he starts howling with laughter and having so much fun. I giggle at everyone's disapproving looks. We're having fun and we aren't hurting anyone. We're also in an empty schooling ring.

After we go back to the barn, I leave Adam to care for Daisy and start taking care of my own horse. I massage him, then put on his Back on Track boots. As I'm brushing him, I get a sudden call and I pick it up without looking to see who it is.

"This is Saphira Molloy!" I smile. "Saph?" Billy croaks. I gasp and drop my phone.

A/N: SORRY FOR THE BORING CHAPTER. BY AUGUST 5TH WE NEED THIS STORY TO GET TO 20K BECAUSE I WILL DYE MY HAIR THE COLOR YOU REQUEST! ANY COLOR AT ALL! LOVA YOU!

-AC

P.S. YOU GET THIS CHAPTER NOW BECAUSE I'M IN A GOOD MOOD!