4. It Is Indeed A Beautiful Morning

As the sunlight entered the room, Abhishek woke up. He opened his eyes and looked at the clock. It was 6:30 in the morning. He looked at Divya and Diya. They had hugged each other. HE smiled, thinking, "Such pure innocent love! I wish I could be a part of it." He sighed. Not waking them up, he went to the washroom and did his morning routine. Re-entering the room, he sat down on the bed and started surfing his mobile. But his mind was somewhere else. He was soon lost among his thoughts.

"So, every time Divya's father told us that she was happy with the wedding, he was lying. I should have forced him to allow us to meet. But no, I had to blindly believe him. I am the biggest idiot of the century. What should I do now?"

At the same time, Divya woke up. She looked at the clock and then at Abhishek. "You should have woken me up."

Abhishek smiled, "Don't worry. Mom-Dad are not going to wake up before 8 o' clock. They are tired and today is Sunday. You go and get fresh while I will get something for you to eat."

Divya nodded and went to the washroom, while Abhishek went to the kitchen. Not able to decide what to cook, he settled for bread and jam and tea. When he returned to the room, Divya was in the room, sitting on the bed and caressing Diya's hairs. 

Abhishek kept the breakfast on the bed and sat in front of Divya. 

"Can I ask you a few questions?" he asked. Divya nodded. She moved her hand forward to take the cup of tea but Abhishek stopped her. "First eat something. You should never drink your tea empty stomach."

Divya picked up the bread. Abhishek asked his first question, "Do you want to give a chance to us? Or...." Divya looked at him. "I....." 

Abhishek understood her concern and said, "We can be friends first and then...." Divya nodded.

Abhishek smiled, then continued, "Yesterday, you told me that Diya doesn't know about her real father. Then why does she behave like so?"

Divya took a deep breath and said, "She never met him. But the wonderful society...." Abhishek understood. "Will she ever accept me?

Divya looked at him and said, "I will talk to her. But you will have to make effort." Abhishek nodded. 

Drinking her tea, Divya asked him, "I have heard that you are into occasional drinking?"

Abhishek nodded. Divya hesitated for a moment and then slowly said, "Can you....leave it?"

Abhishek laughed, "Of course. I promise you I will never touch alcohol again."

Divya smiled. At that very moment, Diya woke up and hugged her mother.

"Good Morning, Mumma," said the child cutely, kissing her mother.

"Good Morning Diyu," wished her mother, kissing back.

Abhishek pouted, "No hug and kiss for me." Diya looked at her mother. Divya said, "Go to your Daddy, Diyu." Diya stared her mother. Divya hugged her, "He will not hurt you." Diya slowly crawled to Abhishek and sat near him. Abhishek picked her up and made her sit on his laps. He hugged her to his heart and held her protectively. He kissed her face. Getting so much love from someone other than her mother was a new thing for her Diya. She wrapped her small arms around Abhishek's neck and kissed his cheek. "Good Morning Daddy."

Both, Abhishek and Divya, were surprised. While Divya understood her daughter, Abhishek cared about nothing else. He hugged the child his daughter and emotionally whispered, "Good Morning baby. Good Morning. It is indeed a good morning." There were tears in his eyes. Tears of happiness. 

Theirs is not a blood relation. So what? Their relation will be based on pure love and unbreakable trust. 

_______________________________________

So, how is it? 

What do you think will happen now?

Do share your views...

~Purnima