Love

It was a magical autumn night. The misty sky, colored both deep indigos and playful lilacs, hung over the earth like a protective canopy from all things wicked. It was freckled with a thousand tiny stars, which glittered in the night with the hopes and dreams of millions. A sated, trembling breeze inaudibly drifted across the skyline, rousing the charcoal-turned trees and the dead foliage from their sluggish, dreamless sleep. The moon shone pallid and bright on the diamond-paneled glass and rich stone of the manor, casting tenebrous shadows on the lush grounds. The atmosphere that the delicate features of the night created seemed perfect for a celebration, more specifically, a great soirée for Mr. and Mrs. Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy, who had just gotten married. There had been a long and extravagant ceremony, followed by hours of polite conversation, toasts, dances, kisses, sprinkled with small snippets of glittering gossip. After the majority of the guests had left, Druella, Cygnus, Cedilla, Abraxas, Narcissa, and Lucius went to take tea in the drawing room before bed. Instead of interacting with the adults and answering their probing questions, she spent tea time leaning against Lucius's shoulder, utterly exhausted due to the festivities that took place earlier that day. She let the endless wave of babble wash over her like a crystalline river. Lucius, noticing his wife's absent behavior, ran his fingers over her spine and whispered: "We'll be alone soon enough, my rose."

This act sent shivers up throughout her whole being, causing a light, soft blush to color her face.

After sitting through a few more minutes of this unrelenting chatter, Druella finally decided to put their little gathering to an end.

"Okay, okay, off to bed, all of you." Druella tutted, placing her China teacup on the silver platter and standing up. "We have a big day tomorrow"

All the adults, knowing better than to argue with Druella, stood up and placed their respective cups on the same silver platter, some lingering back to finish up their storytelling with whom they were conversing. The Blacks murmured words of thanks to the Malfoys for the stunning wedding and accommodations, and bid farewell to each other before walking away to their rooms. As they departed, Lucius glanced sideways at his wife, who had apparently fallen asleep on his shoulder, her face fresh as a dew-covered flower. He leaned over and gave her a sweet, rousing kiss on her feather-soft lips, gently playing with her bottom lip with his teeth until he felt her facial muscles ease themselves into a light smile. He chuckled at the sight; his blonde angel was too exhausted to return even his kiss.

He tucked a lock of her silken hair behind her ear, and nibbled at her earlobe. "You must wake, my darling, even bigger and better surprises await you tonight, but we must retreat to our room first."

"Mmmmm..." She mumbled, opening her eyes ever so slightly to gaze into her husband's adoring face. "Carry me?"

Without further ado, Lucius swept his wife up into his arms, and walked towards their room in the private and secluded west wing of the manor. One arm cradled her back, another hooked right behind the back of her upper thighs. She curled into his chest, his steady breathing and gently palpitating heart setting her mind at ease. At the click of a doorknob, she felt herself placed on something soft. A bed. Their bed. She could feel the delicate glow of the candlelight behind her closed eyelids, and rose petals at her back. This time, Lucius kissed her again, but it was more passionate, more hungry than before, yet still chaste. She opened her eyes to see him looking over her, memorizing each curve and angle. This made her cheeks turn a light crimson, since she had not been studied like that by anyone, except maybe the old Black family dressmaker.

"Lucius..." Narcissa murmured, sitting up in the bed and butterfly kissing Lucius's chin.

She took in the lovely features of the room, seeing jasmine scented candles everywhere, and rose petals not only on the bed, but everywhere else in the room as well.

Home. She thought, closing her eyes and breathing deeply. She'd always felt more at home with the Malfoys than with her own family, since they were always so kind to her. Cedilla bought her things and talked to her as a mother should, and Abraxas would always make an effort to be amicable towards her when she was at dull parties. This was to be compared with her own family, Druella inflicting severe damage on her psyche, Bellatrix unstable and just downright wicked, Andromeda unfaithful, and Cygnus just far removed from her life. It was at this moment that she stood up from the bed, picked something up from the closet, and walked into the bathroom. She changed into an innocent looking, ivory negligée, which showed off a fair bit of décolletage, and went down to her calf. As she beheld herself in the mirror, a feeling of nervousness swept over her.

What if he decides I'm not good enough? What if he doesn't like what he sees? Will he still love me?

Narcissa spent longer than she maybe should have scrutinizing all her feminine curves and angles. She was tall with a slender build, and, truthfully, not much curvaceousness. Her breasts and hips were decently sized, but not nearly as becoming as she wanted them to be. Biting her lip and smoothing her hair, she finally walked out of the bathroom and into the candlelight, where Lucius, who had clearly been experiencing some nerves of his own, was sitting on the bed, tie off and shirt buttons unbuttoned. As soon as he saw her, all of Narcissa's fears dissipated. His eyes grew as wide as distance itself, and then his lips curled into a seductive smirk. Narcissa waltzed over to their new bed, and sat down across from him. He picked up her legs one at a time, and wrapped them around his waist, helping her settle closer to him. Threading her fingers through his hair, she gave him a small kiss on the forehead, and then leaned down to brush her lips against his jaw and earlobe.

"I love you darling." She whispered in his ear, moving her lips down to his cheek. "I'm so glad I married you."

Lucius sighed into her neck, nuzzling it with faint kisses. His hands moved from her waist to her hips, rubbing them in light, soft circles. He felt her shiver, and jerk away, involuntarily or not, he couldn't tell.

He leaned up to her ear, running his tongue around the soft, inner part of her ear. "Did I do something wrong, love? Should I not touch you there?"

Narcissa sighed a heavy sigh. "No, no, it's fine, I'm just overly sensitive that's all... never been touched like that before..."

Lucius chuckled. "Well, I have to say, Mrs. Malfoy, you are absolutely beautiful. That's a high compliment coming from me."

Narcissa raised one eyebrow. "Oh?"

She felt arms curl around her waist once more, and lips brush her ear. "And we haven't even taken off any garments yet."

Narcissa pulled away, giving him a look of offense to rival her mother's. "Lucius Malfoy! You scandalize me!"

For this, Lucius gave her another gentle kiss on the lips. That act sent Narcissa's heart aflame, making heat she'd never felt before pool down deep in her stomach. This time, she kissed him back, but not with full force, since quite frankly, she was a little frightened. She sat there for a few moments, tasting his lips. She detected expensive Chablis and spearmint, a really pleasing combination. Lucius grabbed her hips again and squeezed them tightly, causing her lips to crash back to his. He kissed back with all the romantic fervor he could muster, biting her bottom lip and making it swell. As his tongue explored her mouth, Narcissa let out a string of sounds she'd never heard before.

These are wanton. Narcissa thought, trying to stop them before she came across as too promiscuous or needy. It had been mercilessly pounded into her head, more or less literally, to never beg, but here she was, letting something as superficial as a man drive her insane with his lips, teeth, and tongue. Despite all of this, he seemed to like these noises, as he was giving her what she wanted the more she made them. He removed his hands from her hips and placed them on her shoulders, slipping her negligee off her shoulders. He stroked his hands down her body to get it off, making her moan again as he touched all her sensitive curves. He pinned her to the bed, grinding his hips against hers.

"I want you so badly." He growled, cradling her baby soft cheek and tracing her face with his thumb. "I just need permission first."

Narcissa's whole body was flushed, and felt a throbbing ache at the apex of her thighs. Another thing she'd never felt before. The way she pulled his body flush against hers, and covered his mouth with hers was answer enough. Narcissa found out that night that there wasn't a more sublime, timeless, and magical experience than being with your beloved.