Mack - Coming Out

(I ship Mack so much. Sue me. Also there's gonna be homophobic slurs in this so if you are sensitive to that, don't read it. Also there's an important author's note at the bottom so please read it.)

We were going home for the Christmas holidays, which meant Jack was going back to Ireland. I was going to miss him dearly. Hearing his laugh, seeing him smile...feeling his lips on mine. We have been a thing for about 3 months now. The boys know, Blair knows, the roadies know, but neither of our families know. We were going to tell our families that we were together. I know my mum is supportive, but I'm not too sure if my dad is. He was never really fond of the LGBT+ community. Blair was getting ready to take Jack to the airport. Before he left, I placed my lips on his.

"I'm gonna miss you, love." I wrapped my arms around Jack's waist. His arms snaked around my neck as our foreheads touched. We both knew that the boys were in the room, but it felt like we were the only two people on Earth.

"It'll only be until the New Year. I'll be back before you know it." Jack kissed me again. It felt more passionate than the last one.

"Alright lovebirds we have to take Jack to the airport." Blair's voice rang in my ears. We let go of each other before I placed one last kiss on Jack's lips.

"See you in 2018." Jack smiled and grabbed his suitcase, heading out with Blair. The smile on my face disappeared. Rye came up and hugged me.

"You'll see him in two weeks. They'll fly by like that. I promise." Rye's positive words made the smile reappear.

Rye finally dropped me off at my home, both of us getting out and hugging.

"See you in 2018, mate." he patted my back before getting back in the car and driving away. It was almost dark. About 7 pm ish. My body was shaking from being so nervous. Nervous about what they'll think of me. Specifically, what my dad will think. He doesn't want a gay son. Well he has one. I walked in the house quietly, taking off my shoes and jacket, hanging up the jacket. My mum and dad were in the living room, waiting.

"Hey guys." They both turned around, smiling at the sound of my voice. Both of them stood up to hug me. I heard two people running downstairs, seeing my brother and sister. They joined in the hug pile.

"How have you been?" mum asked me. "Finally have someone in your life?"

"Well y-yeah. They treat me really w-well." my voice was shaky. I was scared to say anything because of what dad would do.

"Well what's the lucky lady's name?" Dad spoke up. My throat felt like it was closing up. I can't just say 'hey I have a boyfriend.' to my dad. He'll disown me.

"It might not be a lady, dad." my sister spoke. "Could be a man?" My sister was the only one that knew about me being gay and dating Jack. She supported me all the way.

"A-about that...its not a lady. Its Jack. He's the special person in my life.." Mum's expression went to a wide smile as she hugged me tightly, crying tears of joy.

"I'm so happy for you, Mikey. I support you and Jack one hundred percent." I look over at dad to see him angry. Super angry. Mum let me go, seeing my worried expression.

"Why couldn't my son be normal and not a faggot? He just had to join a fucking boy band. They made you gay." I felt daggers in my heart at his words, but I stayed strong.

"First of all, those guys didn't make me gay. I already knew I liked guys. And that band has made me happier than I have ever been in my life. Them accepting me for me made it even better. They're more like family than you are to me!" I spat at my father.

"Mikey calm down." Mum put her hand on my shoulder, trying to calm me down. I pushed her hand away, a hurt expression appearing on her face.

"Well you are no longer family to me. Get out of my house!" I ran to the door, grabbing my suitcase and walking out. The door spammed behind me. Tears formed in my eyes and I broke down crying. The door opened, two people coming at my side and hugging me tightly.

"Hey its okay, Mikey. We both support you." My brother's voice went through my ears. I smiled weakly at his words.

"Thanks you guys. I n-need to text Jack and t-tell him what happened." I grabbed my phone from my pocket, unlocking it and opening out messages.

Mikey- It didn't go well. I told my family about us and my father disowned me. He called me a faggot and said the boy band was the cause of me being gay.

Jack 🍀💚- Wtf?! You already knew who you were before you joined the band. Said it yourself. How did everyone else react?

Mikey- Everyone else supported me. Mum gave me a hug and my brother and sister are both out here comforting me. I just wanna go back to the flat.

Jack 🍀💚- Well call and ask Blair if he can come and get you. Explain what happened to him and he'll come and get you.

Mikey- I don't want Blair to get mad at me. He's probably with his family right now and I don't want to bother him.

I sighed and put my head in my hands. What was I gonna do? I don't want to bother Blair, Jack is with his family and so are all the other boys. We all sat outside and talked until the dead of night when an unfamiliar car pulled up in the driveway. I watched someone walk out of the back passenger side. I stood up and looked at the face for a bit longer before running up to them.

"Jack! Why are you here?" My voice was cracking from crying recently as his arms wrapped around me.

"I don't need to answer that. All I know is that you need me right now." Jack whispered. "Everything will be okay. I promise." We let go of each other before jack left to grab my bags. I followed as my brother and sister stood up, introducing themselves to Jack.

"It was nice meeting you." Jack smiled.

"You too Jack. Don't hurt Mikey or I will come after you." my sister threatened.

"Don't worry he's not gonna hurt me." I chimed in. (wiTH A HAVENT YOU PEOPLE EVER HEARD OF-)

"Good." She smiled and they all came over, pulling us in a huge hug. They waved goodbye as we walked to the uber, putting my bags in the back. We got inside and the uber pulled out of the driveway, taking us back to the flat.

Once we got back, we took our things upstairs before getting comfortable on Jack's bed in the Jacklyn room. Our legs were intertwined under the covers and my arms were around Jack's waist. We fell asleep in that position.

Sorry that this took a bit to post. For the past two days my mom and I have been getting more of our stuff from our old home and bringing it to our new one. Also band camp starts in about three weeks and I'm a nervous wreck. That means I won't have time to update but on the weekends. I can try and update as much as possible during the two weeks (July 16-20 and July 23-27) if that's okay. Love you guys!