Chapter 3: I have the unfortunate get together with a tall, dark haired, jerk.

*EDITED*

Percy's pov.

The team stood in front of me, all of them dressed in a mix of very interesting types of pajamas. I made sure to avoid their eyes, all of their gazes steadily on me. 

"Um, hi?" I piped up,  getting tired of all the sets of eyes on me. 

"Hi, I'm Wally." A semi-tall ginger answered, taking a step closer to offer his hand for me to shake. 

I shook it, giving him a slight smile. He smiled back, his green eyes sparkling with interest, and his generous amount of freckles rippling at the facial movement. 

The rest of the team introduced themselves, although a couple didn't say civilian names, like Robin and Red Robin. I  managed to act normal enough around them, at least, until the one person who looked slightly familiar introduced himself. And here I thought the people I didn't want around were gone. 

"I'm  Nightwing." 

I almost choked when he puts his hand out, not able to meet his eyes when I begrudgingly shook it. 

This was Dick. Dick Grayson. My former adoptive brother, and the person who I'd hope I'd never see again. 

But with my luck, and horrible karma, out of any situation I could've been in at this moment, it had to be this one. 

"Do I... Do I know you from somewhere?" He asked, and I almost crumple up into a ball of misery, crushed hopes, surprise, and the weird emotion of wondering how he got so tall and his voice got that much lower under his scrutinizing gaze.  

"Not.. Not that I know of." I managed to choke out, hoping he didn't  catch the flat out lie in my words.  

The attention was finally taken off me when Batman comes into the room, announcing the newest mission. 

"Team, last night Klarion escaped with help from an unknown accomplice. We have tracked his whereabouts, and need you to detain and bring them both in, before he starts destroying the city."

"Yay, more magic." Wally muttered under his breath, rolling his eyes. " Breaks every rule of science." 

Batman ignored the comment, ordering everyone to suit up. 

Within the amount of fifteen minutes, the rest of the team was in their super suits, and I recognized all of the outfits  from different times of watching the news. 

We all walked into a garage of some sort,  a huge alien ship resting in the middle. 

Everyone starts getting on as M'gann starts it up, and just as I'm about to get on, Superboy stops me. 

"What makes you think you're going with us?" 

"Nobody said I wasn't." I answered, slightly annoyed. 

"We don't even know you, how are we supposed to trust you in the mission and on the field?" 

"We don't need trust, we just need co-operation. Obviously I'm not your friend, as you have pointed out, so we don't need  a lot of trust, just enough for co-operation." I snap, my anger boiling. 

The ride is short and quiet, Wally even had shut up for once. 

We landed in a empty field about two streets away from the supposed hide out of Klarion's. 

When we reached the building, Dick started introducing the battle plan to us. 

"There's a vent system running throughout the entire building, and at least one vent per room, maybe more. Red Robin can hack into any cameras or censors if need be, but try to stay out of sight if you can. We'll start at the East wing, but pay attention. We  don't want a relapse of last time. "

Artemis gave a slight snort at that, Wally answering her with a glare.  Both Robin and Red Robin were quiet, not engaging in the team's antics much. 

About five minutes later, we are climbing through the vents, Dick, or Nightwing as he's called on missions, leading in front, Aqualad  pulling up the rear. 

I'd never thought that my personal space would ever be more intruded upon than when Tyson gives me his hugs or when Nico randomly pops up after shadow traveling, but obviously I was mistaken. 

Becuase my personal space is completely gone now. 

Nightwing suddenly stops, and I almost slam into him, having to stop so abruptly.

"What's going on?" I hissed, annoyance lacing my tone. 

He's right beneath us." He answered  back, and gave  me a 'shut up' look. 

"You could have told me that, instead of just randomly stopping!"

He gave a huff, answering. "Why else would I stop?"

"Well I don't know, maybe-"

"Guys!"M'gann interrupted from behind us. "Your starting to sound like Wally and Artemis. What's going on?"

Nightwing opened the vent instead of answering, disappearing. 

I followed, the others behind me. 

Klarion snapped around as the vent clatters to the ground, rolling his eyes. 

"Bravo, you climbed through the vents. You know I would have let you in if you came through the front door?"

"Yeah and gag and tie us." Artemis answered.

"Well, that's a given." Klarion responded, giving an evil smile. 

His accomplice, I'm guessing, walked  in, their face not visible from our point of view. 

They came to a stop right next to Klarion,  and turned towards us.

"Alecto?!" I gasped,  the familiar fury standing directly in front of me.