•13•

-•-

What Narkissa had given Rakkon for me to take each morning, it does help the pain and I haven't blacked out. The weeks blend together, enjoying time with the rest of the females as they'd all given me such sweet gifts for when the pup is born. In fact, Zeta has shooed the rest of the male's away from the third level to host a little celebration.

I'm garnishing much advise from other females who have just had their pups recently, hearing about how I'm going to be up all night unless we do this, that and this. The stories the older matriarchs have to share, it's quite fascinating learning about the different methods and techniques used when some technologies were limited at the time.

There is one thing that we all agree on though...

...the love and respect we show one another directly and drastically impacts the pups we raise.

We're not just raising our pups as sons and daughters, but contributing members to this pack with the ideals rooted and deeply embedded within our souls. We are also raising young men and women, mates of others and how our actions will show their first steps in how to share affection or care for ones they love.

I'd never looked at it this deeply...

...not until I'm on the brink of becoming a role model not just for the pack, but for the pup who will one day succeed his father and lead this pack. If he's even half the man Rakkon is...

My heart swells at the thought, a soft smile on my lips as I'm brought from my deep thoughts.

"They're so precious," I smile while holding the socks that one of the women had knitted.

"Here's something for the cool nights," Zeta unfolds a beautifully soft blanket that holds warmth well. It's almost like the pup can hear her, a strong kick in response while I rub my belly. His movements press against mine, a soft smile on my lips as we dig into some baked goods and drinks.

"Luna Ashling," Laressa walks up to me with her mother beside her. Her gaze lifts to her mother before her eyes land on me.

I reply back with, "Yes?"

"I made you something..." her cheeks become a light shade of pink while she tilts back and forth on her heels shyly.

"Oh?" I ask, my gaze lifting to her mother while she reciprocates with a nod. I allow my eyes to hold Laressa's as I ask, "What did you make me?"

She brings from behind her back many different flowers weaves together in a very lovely necklace. She hands it to me and whispers, "It's not for him, but I wanted to make you something for you."

I take the flower necklace from her before slipping it over my head. A giggle leaves my lips before I say, "It's lovely, thank you for your thoughtfulness."

She gives me a wide and brilliant smile before she turns to leave with her mother. She's quite an amazing pup...

Hey now...

I rub my belly again as he kicks much harder this time, finding a use for his little arms and punching me. I smooth over my belly, murmuring, "Gentle love."

Even after eating a little, it's not just him causing me discomfort, I'm starting to get pain...it onset's extremely fast. I'm sitting quietly while trying not to wince as I feel like a fork of lightning is extending across my belly, but as Zeta asks me after taking a sip of her drink, "What's wrong?" that's when I exhale sharply.