5. Vaigha!!!

Recap: Vaigha leaving - Vaibhav searching her - meeting at the middle of road.

Vaigha's PoV
I woke up from sleep hearing the noises from downstairs. I wondered who is there to talk so loudly. That too in the early morning. I quickly got up from bed and went to washroom. I came back after brushing my teeth. I put the shawl on my shoulder and rushed to the downstairs. My heart started beating while climbing down the steps hearing the familiar voice. I was stunned seeing him there... Vaibhav..he came so early..He stopped seeing me and smiled at me. I smiled back.
"Good morning.."he said
"Good.. good morning.."I fixed my eyes on the floor taking a place behind Nandini Aunty.
He continued talking with uncle. I can feel his sudden gazes on me occasionally.

"Vaibhu..you will be here for breakfast.. won't you?" Aunty asked and he nodded.
My happiness had no limits. I went to kitchen along with Nandini Aunty to prepare the breakfast. I asked about his wishes to aunty and prepared all his favourites while aunty helped me.

Vaibhav's PoV
It's been a long time she vanished into kitchen. I am here to see her and why this girl is playing hide and seek? I stole glances at the kitchen entrance while talking with uncle. Suddenly Nandini aunty came from kitchen. I am still waiting for her appearance. But she was nowhere found.

"Breakfast is ready.."aunty informed and we stood up to wash the hand.

I saw her bringing the plates with shivering hands. I wondered seeing the effect of my gaze on her. It's hardly one night we know each other. She placed the plates on table and I sat on the chair. She served me without looking at my face. I didnt want to make it tough for her. So I averted my eyes from her and decided to concentrate on food. I took the first morsel and placed it into my mouth only to be froze on the place. My eyes filled with tears and it was hard to hide it from others. I gulped the food enjoying each bit of it. I closed my eyes remembering something. It's been many years I am missing this taste. Taste of my mom's food... Now I am remembering her feeling the taste of this food infront of me...

"This food...who prepared it?" I asked aunty who was serving uncle.
"Dont doubt..it's prepared by your wife only..." She replied.

I was surprised hearing it and looked at her who is playing with the end of her shawl. She is not looking at me. Why she is so silent today? Yesterday she talked a lot..

"Why are you not eating?" I asked and she shook her head.
"Come on...sit here...let's have food together.."I said placing a plate beside me.
"Have it Vaigha..you didn't eat anything yesterday too.." aunty said and she hesitately sat on the chair next to me....I smiled seeing her struggles. Suddenly I remembered how aunty told She didnt ate anything yesterday night. She served food herself and started eating from it.
"I hate people around me skipping meals.."I said maintaining a serious expression.
She looked at me confusingly.
"Dont look at me like this.. this is the last warning for you..." I said angrily.
"Dont scare her Vaibhav.."uncle said.
"Sorry.."she muttered and finally I smiled at her.
*****
Vaibhav's PoV
I am standing with uncle outside the house while the ladies returned to other works. I couldn't talk with my wife privately till now. I am waiting for uncle to talk something since he is the one who wanted to talk with me.

"Uncle why are you not talking?" I asked looking at uncle who is smoking a cigarette.
"I have something to talk about Vaigha.." he said making me alert.
"You are her husband now and ofcourse you deserves to know everything about your wife.."he said and I was confused.
"Tell me Vaibhav...what do you know about her?" He asked holding my shoulder.