WattCon Presents: Frequently Asked Questions

Is there a cost to attend WattCon?

Tickets for WattCon are currently on sale for the Regular Admission Price: $110 ($55 per day), for two full days of tailored programming geared towards helping you transform as a writer. WattCon is so much more than a meetup—it's a full-fledged conference complete with talks, workshops, and opportunities to meet and learn from industry experts, Wattpad HQ staff, and other writers (including Wattpad Stars). The ticket price covers just a small portion of what it takes to bring this life-changing event to our community.

Will Wattpad pay for my travel and accommodations?

We're delighted to be able to host and meet the amazing community that makes Wattpad, Wattpad. That said, travel to New York City and accommodation during the conference is the responsibility and sole discretion of each attendee. Wattpad will not be able to provide or reimburse travel or accommodation for WattCon attendees, nor will we be able to assist with booking or organizing travel or stay. WattCon is taking place right in midtown Manhattan in Times Square—accessible by MTA transit and a 15-minute walk from Penn Station.

Travel and Accommodation

Travel to New York City and accommodation during the conference is the responsibility and sole discretion of each attendee. Wattpad will not be able to provide or reimburse travel or accommodation for WattCon attendees, nor will we be able to assist with booking or organizing travel or stay. WattCon is taking place right in midtown Manhattan in Times Square—accessible by MTA transit and a 15-minute walk from Penn Station.

Accessibility

WattCon is being held at the New York Marriott Marquis—a beautiful hotel in downtown Manhattan. The New York Marriott Marquis is a fully ADA compliant hotel with all doorways, elevators, bathrooms etc. modified to standard. WattCon attendees will also have access to ADA compliant guestrooms should any guest be staying over. 

Who should attend WattCon?

WattCon is created for Wattpad writers at all stages of their journey—from beginner to expert. All writers will come away with an understanding of how to disrupt the industry and harness their authorpreneurial ambitions. Just starting out? You'll learn from the pros and gain the confidence you need to go for your dreams.

When and where is WattCon 2018?

WattCon 2018 takes place right in Times Square in NYC on Saturday, October 27th and Sunday, October 28th at the New York Marriott Marquis Hotel.

Why isn't WattCon happening at Wattpad HQ?

We love hosting our writers at Wattpad HQ, but the reality is, as Wattpad grows and our writer community expands and flourishes, we need more dedicated space to facilitate the kinds of talks, hands-on workshops, and community building we want to bring to WattCon this year.

How are the panels and panelists decided?

Wattpad HQ creates the programming and makes all decisions on panelists.

Can I volunteer to help out with WattCon?

Thank you for your interest in volunteering for WattCon 2018! We are currently fully staffed for WattCon and will not be looking for Volunteers from the community at this time. We hope to see you at WattCon. Thank you!

Can I sell my (published) book at WattCon?

Unfortunately, due to the logistical challenges in setting this up, we are unable to allow attendees to sell their own published books at WattCon this year. However, we're considering this for future WattCons as we continue to expand how we support and celebrate writers. We will be looking into other ways we can highlight published authors from Wattpad at WattCon this year, so stay tuned!

Can Children Attend WattCon?

Unaccompanied Wattpadders under 13 are not permitted at WattCon 2018. If you are between the ages of 13 to 17, we require parental consent in order for you to purchase a ticket.

How does WattCon's location get chosen?

The WattCon management team carefully evaluates a potential location against a series of parameters, the most important being: capacity, location, and availability. We try to always host WattCon in a city center so that it is centralized for the population of the host city and easy to fly into internationally.

What Programming will be available at WattCon 2018?

We strive to make the WattCon programme stimulating, motivating, and activating for the writer. We want you to come away from WattCon 2018 feeling transformed. We will be releasing details about our programming, schedule and panelists here, and on social! For more information check out wattcon.wattpad.com!