Chapter Thirty-Three

Rosemont was exactly the way Kane had pictured it. Old colonial style houses lined the streets, the lights of the vestibules lit up like street lights, guiding their way through the town. Everywhere was green, from the expanses of grass to the many trees that surrounded the pack. They had a wall, of course, but they were also shrouded by a tree line, making the place seem even more secluded. They passed by many parks, fitted with swings and shiny play equipment and man-made ponds. This place was as old money as they come, like Nora's pack, however, they were only a fraction of the size.

Rosemont was quite a far distance away from the bigger cities, so that made it more secluded in itself. If it wasn't for the rogues, they wouldn't even need a wall, they were so far away from humans. Kane, for one, was very thankful for the wall they were surrounded by. He felt, for the first time in hours, that he could breathe again. He had seen it as they arrived, and it was old, that he could tell, but it didn't look easily defeated. He felt safe behind its walls in a way he hadn't at his own pack, not since he had seen the tears in their chain fence. This was no chain fence, this was a solid wall.

Kane drove them to the centre of the small town, where he could see a house covered in light. If he hadn't assumed the biggest house on the block was the Alpha's, he definitely did now. Outside were a few SUV's parked next to the garden, in the middle of which, a marble wolf sat prominently.

"I had no idea the pack was this fancy," Mason murmured.

"Old money combined with a small pack with few expenses equals rich as hell," Nora told him.

Kane parked next to one of the cars. "Welcome to our home for the next few days," Kane told them.

"Can we live here forever?" Mason mused as he stared up at the house.

"I wouldn't say no to that offer," Nora agreed. She motioned towards the wolf statue. "I wonder who that's supposed to be."

Kane threw a couple of the duffle bags over his shoulder. Nora and Mason walked to the trunk of the car to help but Kane closed it. "I'll come back for the rest of the bags. You two are injured."

"We are fine," Nora told him, reaching for the handle. "A few cuts never held us back."

Kane motioned to Masons head. "A concussion might."

"Doesn't affect my arms," Mason retorted with a small smirk.

Kane made sure to give them the lightest of the bags. It wasn't that he didn't believe they could carry them, but he couldn't handle another injury on his conscience.

They made their way up the steps to the front door, but before they could knock, the door was swung open. A young woman stood in the doorway, a huge smile on her face.

"Welcome to Rosemont!" she greeted them. "I'm so happy that you've finally made it!"

Kane recognised her from her voice as Eve, but he didn't need to hear her voice to know who she was. He could have recognised her from the smile that seemed to cover her face and the bounce to her step. He only had to take a breath to be reminded that she was an Alpha, however, that overwhelming scent filling his nose.

"I'm Kane, we spoke on the phone," Kane said, "It's a pleasure to meet you in person, Alpha Eve."

Eve was stunning, with dark skin shy of any imperfections and deep brown hair that fell in tight curls down her shoulders. She wore a blue sundress which ended at her knees but on her feet were pink fluffy slippers.

Eve flicked her wrist. "Oh, it's just Eve to you! Alpha is a title I'll wear happily when I run this place, but until my father gives up his seat, I'm just Eve." Eve motioned for them to come in. They carefully placed the bags at their feet when they entered the foyer. Eve's eyes examined Nora and Mason. "You must be his mates," she said. Eve then turned to Mason. "You must be the unbonded mate."