Thirteen

"Is this love?"

O N W A R D S;

5 years previously

Caleb ran his fingers through his thick golden hair as he stared at the beautiful girl in front of him. That girl, was the girl Caleb loved and he'd only just realized it as he looked at her now. Her auburn colored hair in a high ponytail resembling one of a genie. Her green eyes sparkling as she too was smiling at him. It was Saturday, and Caleb thought it would be a brilliant idea to have a picnic. So the two set out and were now lying on a blanket staring into the sunset.

The sky was an assortment of pinks and oranges and looking at it now. He knew there was no place he'd rather be than here with her. The cute blue dress she wore covered her knees as she sat cross legged. Caleb couldn't help but stare at her, God what had this girl done to him? Catching him staring she gave him a look, "Why are you staring at me?" A faint blush rose to her cheeks.

Caleb shrugged, "Can't I just admire the view?"
He saw her roll her eyes, a smile playing at her lips. They'd already spent two months together and in those eight weeks, Caleb knew he was in deep trouble. He was most definitely whipped; Caleb thought of his friend James. The two had been inseparable from birth and swore as boys they'd never fall in love. Too late now, Caleb chuckled to himself.

Georgia caught his gaze and eyed him suspiciously, "What are you giggling about? Hm?" She demanded playfully.
He shook his head, "Nothing." He leaned forward and captured her lips with his. The kiss made him feel like his heart would burst. It wasn't the first time he'd kissed her but every time he did, he ended up never wanting to stop.

She leaned her forehand against his, breathing heavily.
"Hm Casanova you're kisses are getting better" she smirked.
Caleb scoffed, "I'm the best kisser you've ever had!"
Suddenly Georgia looked thoughtful, "I mean, believe what you want but I do happen to remember my previous boyfriend giving way better kisses than you..." she teased a sly smile playing at her pink lips.

"Uhuh, I'm sure. Maybe you should scream his name when I make you come tonight"
Georgia slapped his arm playfully, "Shut up!"
Caleb laughed as Georgia planted her lips to his giving him a chaste kiss. Suddenly she pulled back and stared into his eyes, Caleb visibly softened, and he leaned forward to nibble behind her ear. Georgia giggled softly as he continued and suddenly he stopped and brushed his lips to her ear,
"I love you." He whispered softly.

Suddenly he felt her pull back and stare at him mouth open slightly.
"What did you...." She seemed to be at a loss for words which made Caleb chuckle.
"I love you." He said again.
Her eyes widened again as she stared at him, "Do you— Do you mean it?" She stuttered.
He nodded his head a smirk playing at his lips, "I do, I love you, Georgia."

She suddenly jumped on him, "I love you too!"
" I know." His smirk broadened.
Georgia leaned back rolling her eyes, "Oh shut up asshole!"
Georgia suddenly giggled as she leaned into him, after some silence she spoke up "Mhm, you love me?" She questioned as her head was on his shoulder.

"Yes." He answered honestly.
"How much?" She asked turning her head to look at him.
"More than life itself."

End of flashback

Caleb was home, after a long day at his office. He wanted nothing more than too just lie down in his bed and sleep but admittedly he had promised Georgia he'd call her today, and he wasn't one to break promises. Pressing call under her name he waiting until the second ring before her sweet voice was heard over the line.
"Mr. Hearst, what a surprise to hear from you" she said sarcastically.

"Surprise? You basically threatened my life the other day if I didn't call you"
Georgia tried to sound surprised, "Threaten? Me? An angel? I would never!"
Caleb shook his head, "Drama Queen" Caleb muttered.
Caleb heard her scoff, "I am not!"
"If I'm a drama queen, what are you mister who cried for a hour at the doctor for an injection!"

Caleb suddenly was flabbergasted, "You remembered that?"
Georgia chuckled, "I don't have Alzheimers sir! I just hit my head too hard"
"Well in my defense I was fifteen at the time!"
She scoffed over the phone, "So many excuses..." she groaned.
"It's not an...." He began, feeling attacked.

She suddenly burst out laughing, "Relax Casanova no need to hide your inner diva, we're all friends here!"
He rolled his eyes as he held the phone to his ear, this was the Georgia he knew. The Georgia who cracked jokes, who made fun of him and pushed his buttons. This was the girl he'd fallen in love with and seeing it now. She hadn't changed at all and that scared him because he wasn't the same man from five years ago.

But as they bantered back and forth, Caleb was smiling through the phone.

"God I missed you." He muttered softly.
Shit, he hadn't meant to say that out loud but he did and now there was a deafening silence that took over the both of them.
"I missed you more."