Wait || P.P.

AU: Tony Stark's daughter survived the snap and has spent that past 3 years trying to get Peter back. 

Warnings: Language 

———————————————

"Saturday, start a recording."

"Day 1,204. Test... 1,203. I tried DNA testing and using three different infinity stone stand ins and still nothing. All signs point to time stone as the only way to..." Y/N held her breath. "him back. We'll try a replica Infinity Stone next run."

Silence followed her as she stared out her laboratory window.

"Would you like me to stop the recording?" Saturday, Y/N's personal AI asked.

"Finish recording... thanks Saturday."

Y/N threw her fist onto her lab counter, sliding it to the left knocking off the objects in its path. Its been over three years since Peter has been stuck in the Soul Stone and since day one, Y/N hasn't stopped trying to find a way to get him back.

"That's a mess I will not clean up."

"I never asked you to." She stiffened her frame and turned around. "Leave."

"You're never going to forgive me."

"You're very right about that." Y/N growled. "You take everything from me and all I had was Peter and you let him into the Infinity War like he's Captain America? He's not. He was 17."

Tony swallowed at the truth his daughter said. "I brought you a coffee..." he said, setting it on the 20 year olds cluttered desk. "If you want it."

N/Y put her hands on her head and then slammed them back on her table. "Yeah! Well I don't want the goddamn coffee! I want him back and that's all I want!"

Tony had grown used to the violet outburst from her since Peter has been gone. Y/N keeps her emotions bottled up and when she explodes, it's best to let her finish. The father and daughter looked at each other. Both saying sorry without speaking.

"Okay... I'll take the goddamn coffee." Y/N took a sip of the coffee and brought up her projected computer screen. "Okay, look dad." She said in between drinks. "If we can design our own stones, more specifically a time stone, we can turn back the clock and start again before Thanos even gets the gauntlet! It-it-its brilliant! Just use the same components that connect any regular painted rock with whatever makes the time stone so special and boom! We bring everyone home."

Tony looks at he face of his daughter. So young. So hopeful. So fooled. He remembers when Y/N and Peter first met. It was back when Steve and him couldn't agree on signing the contract. His own daughter took the side of his enemy. The only way he could get someone to equal her fairly is a teenager like her. So he brought in Peter. Handsome, on the younger side, smart, and charming. During the battle Y/N couldn't fight right because all her attention would be spent glancing at the crime fighting spider with the cute voice. Sadly, Tony's plan backfired and Peter's mind was shifted to Y/N. All he did was try his best to fight Y/N or get her attention.

"Honey, I-I want you to know that even though we are the richest people in the world, we can't connect to other dimensions like this. We can't mix our technology and 'Doctor Strange magic'... it's not possible."

Y/N stopped smiling and her face fell back to the same look it's had since the day her dad called and said "we need to talk". Not a frown, not a smile but just a blank look. Her mind always somewhere else, trying to figure out the next step to getting into the soul stone. "I know, but-but if we tap into any dimension we can find a wormhole into the next and the next and so on. We can find him."

Tony placed a hand on his daughters shoulder. "I love you Y/N and as your father you have to know I will do all I can to help you in your pursuit if of happiness," Tony sighed "and I know that Peter is your happiness, but right now, we need to focus on helping earth. Our earth. Our dimension. So I need you to just wait."

Y/N's face grew an unholy color of red and her eyes welled with tears. Her grip on the coffee mug tightened, turning her knuckles white. "Thank you dad... I need to get back to working on finding Pe-" her face drained to a ghostly beige "finding a way to save the world, dad, thank you. There's the door. Saturday, open the lab door to hallway 2, please and thank you."

Tony backed away from Y/N, not turning around and keeping his gaze on his daughter. "I will fix this, but not right now." With that, Tony left the room and the white door slid shut behind him. A heavy exhale left Y/N's mouth as she commanded Saturday to turn on Sound Blockers.

"MOTHERFU-" Y/N screamed in frustration, taking her mug and breaking the cup part on her table, leaving her with shards of broken porcelain hanging off the handle. She then took that piece and launched it at the window. Of course, because the Avenger Tower has quadruple bullet proof windows, the glass didn't make a scratch.

The view of a half abandoned New York City stretched around Y/N as she spoke to herself, mockingly.

"'I need you to just wait'. 'I need you to just wait'. I need you to just fucking wait!" She screamed as she closed her eyes.

Even when she listened to music, Y/N heard Peter in the song. With her eyes closed, it was like his face was on the back of her eyelids and when they were open, he was everywhere.

She leaned her head against the wall, mounting her TV.

"I'm sorry," A tear fell from the side of Y/N's eye as she spoke "I am nothing without you, and if I'm nothing without you... I shouldn't have you."