ten

I looked at the eyes staring at me through the page, their iris was of a faint olive green. It wasn't quite the exact same one, but it would've worked just fine anyway.

I sighed and glanced out of the window, it was raining outside, in contrast with the sun that had shone just the day before. I looked at the drawing again. The shirt was of a light pink, some of the shadows already down, some more yet to, a pale representation of the beautiful one he had worn. I gave it a harsh glance in disappointment.

I took the camera and turned it on, wanting to check the original picture. As I was about to check the first one I had taken to delete it my finger ghosted over the wrong button, pressing it before I could realise what I was doing.

"Fuck" I hissed as the picture disappeared from the screen, my heart dropping. "No no no." I turned the camera off and on again, just to discover that it was indeed gone. I put it down on the desk, staring at the light coloured wood. "This can't be happening" I whispered to myself.

The drawing was due for the day after, and the only picture that would've allowed me to complete it was gone. I couldn't have shaded the shirt by memory, especially because of how shiny I remembered it to be, so I had to find another way to get it done.

I took my phone as I got an idea, but put it back on the desk as soon as I realised that I didn't have Harry's number. Besides, calling him to ask him to come back just a day after without having asked him beforehand seemed just weird. I quietly weighed my pros and cons. Asking Harry to come to mine just like that would've been weird, and it could've set back any progress we had made - if we had made any at all. But on the other hand, I had already disappointed my teacher once, not even a month had passed since then, and I wasn't planning on doing it again the next day. I sighed, already knowing which one was more important.

"How do I get Harry back here?" I murmured to myself. I didn't have his phone number, which meant I couldn't call him. It also meant that I had to find someone who did have his phone number. The only problem was that I hadn't talked to anyone in his circle of friends, and I was pretty sure he hadn't given it to anyone else.

My eye fell on the drawing in the corner of my desk, immediately recognising the blue and purple shades. Harry hadn't even wanted to see it. Niall had liked it. Niall. I had talked to Niall, and he surely had Harry's phone number. But I didn't have his.

"Fuck" I hissed again. Maybe Niall had given his out to more people, though. I honestly had no idea. But I knew someone that probably did know if there was a way to contact him. I took my phone again, and wrote a text to Ella, sending it and hoping she was close to her phone.

To Ella: Do you have Niall's phone number by any chance?

The reply came not too long after.

From Ella: i don't, why

To Ella: I need to ask him something

From Ella: like what? just ask him on twitter if it's that important

To Ella: I don't have a twitter account

From Ella: i do. i'll send your number, just hope he'll actually read. you owe me one btw

To Ella: Thanks

•   •   •

My phone rang about an hour later, at three o'clock. I picked it up, seeing that an unknown number was calling.

"Hello?" I said, accepting the call and hoping that it was indeed Niall.

"Artistic girl is that you?" Niall.