Chapter Five

A/N: The picture on the side is Lucas, who is played by the amazing Logan Lerman.  And if you didn't notice, he's holding a guitar!!  It definitely fits in with this chapter. :D  --->

Oh, and in case you didn't notice, I changed the cover.  I didn't like the old one, as I really don't have much cover making talent.  This cover is by the amazing IsaSecret.  She is very, very talented. :)

Chapter Five

"Okay, tell me everything Lucas said," Brianna demanded, her eyes so wide she looked like she had just seen a ghost.

"Well, if you insist," I replied, smiling like an idiot.  As much as I tried to contain my smile, it just wouldn't work.  Before I continued, I took a quick sip of my strawberry smoothie that I had been drinking at the smoothie shop at the mall.  Me and Brianna had ordered Ethan to drop us off here after school, because we were too lazy to walk.  "First, he started to talk to me during Mr. Wilson's class, and he's really sweet!  He even called me cute!  A guy thinks I'm cute!"

Brianna looked at me with a raised eyebrow.  "That's it?  Seriously, Skylar?"

Instantly, my eyes narrowed grumpily.  Couldn't she even act a little happy for me?  "What?  Yesterday he also defended me from Jason, and he even winked at me!  Winked!"

Taking a long sip of her mango smoothie, Brianna shook her head at me with a criticising look on her face.  "You really need to get out more.  I should've set you up on another blind date ages ago."

I rolled my eyes.  "Brianna, I hate blind dates with a passion.  Knowing you, you'd set me up with another creep who only wants to touch my earlobes the entire date.  You can only go through that kind of experience once in a lifetime, you know."

The sad thing is that Brianna is also very picky on who she dates.  She's practically obsessed with Ethan, as multiple times she's come to my house with binoculars to spy on him 'discreetly'.  She's pretty hypocritical.  The only difference between us is that she'll give other guys a small chance with her, while I wouldn't.  Why would you even consider dating another guy when you have a perfect one right smack in front of you?

"Ugh, Skylar, stop being so fussy!  If you keep being so picky about which guys you'll even consider dating, you'll end up all alone and wrinkly!" Brianna exclaimed, throwing her hands up into the air.  

At that exact moment, a blond haired guy walked behind Brianna, and she ended up smacking the smoothie he was carrying out of his hands, making it spill all over him.

I didn't even try to suppress my giggling.  I leaned back in my seat, laughing like there was no tomorrow.  Brianna shot me a furious glare before turning around and looking up at the stranger behind us.

"I'm so, so sorry!" Brianna said, starting to freak out when she saw that the guy had spilled his smoothie all over his shirt.

She jumped up from her chair and started to dab at his white shirt with some random napkins that were scattered on our table.  Her 'hard' work trying to clean off the guy's shirt didn't seem to be paying off very well, though.

"Hey, don't worry about it," the blond haired guy said, smiling at Brianna.

The guy's green eyes shined as he spoke, and I could tell Brianna was already lost in them.  Typical Brianna.

"Are you sure?" asked Brianna in a whisper.  See, my point exactly.

If this turns into one of those disturbing moments like in the movies where they practically start making out at first sight, I'm going to barf.  I didn't go through all that hard work of avoiding chick flicks to witness this!