Ocean Eyes

(Tw: suicide)

REMINDER: I CANNOT REPLY TO ANY COMMENTS BUT I READ THEM ALL AND I LOVE YOU GUYS, THANKS!!

(NESS POV)

Lucas sat beside me on the swings of the park. The sky looked a soupy orange, as if bombs had gone off not long ago. We had been here for a while, but I asked him here for a reason. See, I had been his friend for a super long time, ever since he moved to Onett after the whole nowhere islands incident. When he first got here, everyone loved him. For a little while, I just watched him from the sidelines. But I gained the confidence to befriend him and eventually we just became so close.

Lucas has always been really visually appealing, his blond hair is fascinating and... his eyes are really pretty. Like oceans! So, of course I was drawn to him. But he's really smart, and really kind. He would let me vent to him and he could tell me about his problems, like an outlet to eachother.

One day though, I was thinking about it and I realized that whenever I'm around him, I noticed my chest gets a little bit tighter and my heart beats a little faster. My face feels warm too, which isn't all that great. I asked Paula about it, and she told me it was love.

I'd never been in love until now. But being with him, it just makes me so happy and warm.

But I'm scared.

I don't want to mess things up between us, then I would just die. I can't lose someone so important to me to this stupid feeling, but I can't keep it inside like this. If I do, I'm going to regret it.

As I'm looking down at the wood chips that are under my feet, I take a deep breath. I drag my feet for a second and I stand up without a word. Surprisingly, Lucas does the same. I take one final breath before I turn and face him. It's go time.

"Lucas, we've been best friends for a while, right?"

"Yep, it sure has been a while. Why?"

"Well... whenever I'm around you, I feel all warm and happy inside, and I feel like dancing and singing! And when I'm not, I long to be at your side. I think... I love you, Lucas."

I finally said it!!!! But wait, his expression is changing, it looks like a frown, that can't be good at all!! Lucas looks me dead in the eye, and replies

"I'm in love with Fuel."

I let that sink in for a good minute before my train of thought is interrupted by tears silently spilling out of my eyes and rolling down my cheeks. This hurt so much, a hurt that could never be described other than with heartbreak.

"M-Man, you really know how to m-make me cry..." I mumble In a louder than usual voice, before running away, and I didn't look back. Of course he loves Fuel, I should have seen it. I shouldn't have been so stupid as to befriend him.

I stop running after I reach the high river bridge, and I lean on the railing while looking over. I messed it all up, so I have nothing to live for now.

I climb up onto the railing and face the cars that drive by, before I smile wide and slowly tip backwards.

"I'm scared. I've never fallen from quite this high, falling into your ocean eyes."

~END I'm so sorry it got dark fast and it's short